Alienware’ S new 25-inch gaming monitor packs premium gaming performance features into a captivating display. Featuring iconic Alienware design, custom AlienFX lighting, 240Hz refresh rate with 1ms response time, and NVIDIA G-SYNC technology with Ultra low motion blur technology for smooth responsive gameplay.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Designed for the enthusiast, the AW2518H delivers a futuristic style and precise form with solid stability. The contrast ratio is 1000:1 and it has 16.7 million colors of color support
- See gaming differently with NVIDIA G-SYNC. This breakthrough display technology eliminates screen tearing and minimizes display stutter and input lag
- Lightning-fast 240Hz native refresh rate combined with 1ms response time delivers buttery-smooth gameplay with virtually no input lag
- Compatibility- All Operating System. Specific gaming OSD (onscreen display) design keeps your user experience in the gaming theme
-#755 in Computers & Accessories (See Top 100 in Computers & Accessories) #125 in Computer Monitors
-25 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Im conflicted on this one, but after trying it out here are my opinions, in my typical Pro/Con format.PROS:240hz – BZZZIIINGGGAAAA – 240 hz is the fastest refresh rate on the market. Are you a 30 fps console peasant? You dont need this. Are you a “cinematic” PC gamer at 60hz? You dont need this. Are you a E-SPORT PRO or Wannabe pro? YOU NEED THIS! There are other models hitting the ground out there, Asus, Acer, Benq, most having a freesync/gsync version. Also keep in mind, 240hz is very high and if you are going to reach 240fps on a game, you’re going to need a powerful gpu. I wouldn’t run this monitor on anything less than a GTX 1080. For the freesync variant, probably a Vega 64, but the jury is still out on AMD gpu’s in my book. You can probably get by with a 1070 but you’re going to have to reduce settings to reach high FPS. Remember, super high crazy FPS like this is primarily going to be suited for E-Sport, shooters, like overwatch/CSGO.Alienware Design. Alienware gets a lot of hate out there for various reasons, but I dont think anyone can really dispute the fact that Alienware makes beautifully designed cases and other products. There is no exception here. It’s a work of art, and the lighting on the monitor is Sweet! I love the design.Gsync. Gysnc is the bomb and my normal disclaimer -> Gsync is only for people with NVIDIA GRAPHICS CARDS! If you have an AMD CARD you want the freesync version of this monitor. Unfortunately, gsync costs a bit more – but that’s across the board on all monitors with the technology.Nuetral:25 inch. For 550+$$ I honestly expect 27 inches. I suspect it has to be this size at this refresh rate but still. I see a Acer Predator 240hz 27inc for $550 right now online. (i think it’s on sale) I also suspect some E-sport enthusiasts prefer this size of screen, so I put this in the neutral category.1080p. I cant fault someone for technology or hardware that doesnt even exist yet. To my knowledge no monitor exists (consumer grade) at this refresh rate at higher than 1080p. I suspect that if it did, you would have to be running quad gtx titans in SLI or something to power it.Conclusion: You buy this monitor for a few reasons, you want the highest frames per second (FPS) on the market and are willing to pay for it, you like Alienware design, and you are probably playing E-sport titles that really take advantage of high refresh rate monitors like this. Outside of that, I cant recommend it to “normal” users at this price range. If you are the designated audience, then I do recommend this monitor but keep in mind you are paying a bit more for the Alienware design, which in my opinion after being up close and personal with it, is worth it.
- We got 4 of these for Christmas this year. One for myself, my wife, and 2 boys to use on our gaming rigs. All 4 are running our games as smooth as butter! I was very impressed at the difference in the smooth picture, compared to our old monitors, especially in First Person Shooter’s. The packaging is well designed to protect these monitors for their journey to your house. The picture quality is very good, especially for a TN panel. Our games look better and no doubt run much smoother. 4 out of 4 have great picture quality and appear to be defect free.
- The stand was not well thought out as in order to have this monitor an appropriate distance away from your eyes it causes the feet to invade space that would be occupied by your mouse. Most monitors use a stand that supports the monitor in the front and causes you to have less space directly in front of the monitor. This is usually fine because the keyboard doesn’t require motion and a static position resting in front is fine. This monitor stand sticks out into your mouse zone and not only that the monitor’s behavior with the stand on mouse wire even when using a mouse bungee is terrible. Its sharp so should having to aim down very fast and extending the bungee the mouse will catch on the edge of the foot. This monitor would be perfect if the stand wasnt so intrusive. Very Very Very amazing quality though. If the stand was redesigned or they had a different stand option they sold then this would easily be 5/5 stars. I just find that the intrusiveness of the stand causes me to be battling with the monitor a large portion of time during competitive games.
- honestly this monitor is pretty damn good. if you can get the frames for it you’ll notice a difference in how even more smooth gameplay is when you consistently get more then 144 frames. such as 200 or so. i play competitive rainbow six siege and i can say this helps compete at a higher level.first day playing, no dead pixels, or shitty color noticed. im pretty happy with this monitor overall and i recommend it highly.
- Arrived a day early, packaging was the actual product box which is terrible to be left on a porch, the box itself seemed to have a lot of wear and tear which had me worried at the start. Where it get’s a 5 star rating is this: the monitor was perfect. No damage, no BLB, no dead pixels, and to top it off the product itself was sublime. Very easy to install, visually stunning, and graphically it was bar none. With that being said let me heed some advice for any of you perspective buyers.This is a highly niche monitor for those looking to get the most performance out of a GPU that can put it out. Do not buy this if you have a mid-tier graphics card that won’t be capable of making the most out of those 240hz. Also, i got lucky with my delivery. The damage to the packageing was superficial so it’s nothing to complain about, some packages may be mishandled, some packages might just be DoA or have dead pixels by just factory defect. That is the risk you run when you have a 3rd party seller providing you tech. Amazon does it’s best to prevent these issues, but sometimes you are just unlucky. It is by no fault of the product itself. So if you see these 1-2 star ratings and get worried if this monitor is worth it, let me lay it out for you, YES* If you are a part of the the very small niche of computer owners that not only have a machine capable of using this monitor to it’s full potential, but also are purchasing with the intention of using it to it’s full capacity. Save yourself some money and a get 144 hz monitor that will do just fine otherwise. For those still on board with purchasing, you just gotta hope you’re one of the lucky ones and it arrives in one piece. If it doesn’t, you can just return it and get a new one or go to a computer store and pay full price and personally ensure it gets home safe. I hope this has been helpful.