Style:One Monitor | Size:24″ Dell S2417DG – 23.8″ Gaming Monitor with QHD 2560X1440 resolution. Brightness: 350 cd/m².
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Get stunning clarity with QHD resolution – that’s close to 2 times more screen details than Full HD
- Enhance your visual experience with optimal preset modes tailored to suit your gaming genre
- Optimize eye comfort with a flicker-free screen.Response Time:1ms. Contrast ratio: 1000: 1 (typical)
- Get a replacement monitor shipped to you the next business day with Dell’s 3 years Advanced Exchange Service.Input connectors-HDMI, Displayport
-#663 in Computers & Accessories (See Top 100 in Computers & Accessories) #109 in Computer Monitors
-19 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Alright so after looking around and using some other owners of this monitor’s settings and mixing it with my own settings, I’ve finally found the perfect settings to get the most accurate colors on this monitor. I also am using a Samsung S32D850T which has 100% sRBG for games and movies! I also used this Samsung to help tune the Dell’s colors to get as close as possible and I believe I’ve achieved that, so here’s the settings.Nvidia Control PanelUse Nvidia Settings> All channels – Brightness + 45% – Contrast + 55% – Gamma + 0.96 – Digital vibrance + 45%> Red channel – Brightness + 40% – Contrast + 70% – Gamma + 1.00> Green channel – Brightness + 50% – Contrast + 50% – Gamma + 0.89> Blue channel – Brightness + 50% – Contrast + 50% – Gamma + 1.00Monitor settings: – Brightness 75% – Contrast 77%Color> Custom Color – R 97% – G 99% – B 96%Those are my settings, you can use that as base and tune to your liking, but I’m very satisfied with the colors. Looks really close to my Samsung which I use to edit photos and videos. Let me know your experience with the settings and with the monitor itself!
- I have very specific, arguably niche reasons for not giving this monitor 5 stars, but I will list all pros and cons to be helpful.Pros:-Indisputably excellent price for a monitor of the resolution and features (165 Hz OC, 1440p, G-Sync). As mentioned by other reviewers, the colors may appear washed out at first, but they can really pop with only a couple minutes of tinkering.-Included cable was fully functional and supported 165 Hz with no issues.Cons:-Tangible issues with the response time and inverse ghosting. Skip to the end if the specific details aren’t important to you.The monitor has two settings for Response Time (under submenu “Display”) accessible via the built-in menu through the bottom right buttons. The settings are Fast and Normal. The specs of the monitor boast 1 ms response time. I have, in no situation, been able to reproduce a 1 ms response time, regardless of game, program, or setting. The lowest response time I have been able to achieve, set at 165 Hz, Fast Response Time, and unlimited in-game rendering rate (which otherwise can render at 240+ Hz stable uncapped), was 3 ms.Now, to be honest, a 2 ms discrepancy isn’t bad. However, there are a multitude of other minor issues that cascade from this. First, the “Fast” Response Time setting introduces very noticeable “inverse ghosting”, which is essentially color overcompensation on moving objects. Practically, any dark object moving across a light background will streak a very noticeable trail of whatever is the opposite of the object’s color. This became very noticeable to me in games with high contrast. The monitor boasts “no ghosting”, which is true, but this setting introduces the exact opposite issue: very noticeable “inverse ghosting”.To circumvent this issue, I changed the “Fast” Response Time setting to “Normal”. This had two effects: it removed the inverse ghosting issue completely. However, it also increased the Response Time to 7 ms from 3 ms. So, I had to choose: either 2 ms slower response than advertised and visual issues, or 6 ms slower response than advertised with clean visuals.To someone who doesn’t require absolutely exceptional response times for a monitor, this means absolutely nothing. However, if you’re looking for a monitor with a very high OC framerate cap and G-Sync for the purpose of quick-paced games such as FPS’s or overkill rhythm games, a 7 ms increase in input lag is just enough to be felt by the hand to be minutely disorienting, even with a powerful system and G-Sync enabled.In summary: the Response Time is slower than advertised, at either 3 ms with noticeable visual issues or 7 ms without. If those 7 ms matter to you (which, to a grand majority of people, rationally will not), I believe other cheaper, ~$300 144 Hz monitors with true 1 ms or less response times (e.g. ASUS VG278HV) would be better suited for your purposes, as the 7 ms response time (at least in my opinion) feels tangibly worse and less responsive than not having G-Sync in the first place, though G-Sync makes the visuals themselves more attractive.On the other hand, if you just want to watch a beautiful monitor run something visually pleasing at 165 Hz stable with no screen tearing, or if you want to play non-millisecond sensitive games with beautiful visuals, I can think of no better alternative at anywhere near this price range.
- When I first turned this monitor on, not gonna lie, it was very underwhelming. Colors were washed out and it was too bright. You HAVE to calibrate this in order to see its true potential. Here is what I finally landed on. Use this for yours or atleast a starting point. You should be able to play games without adjusting in game brightness. Here we go.Nvidia Control Panel>Adjust desktop color settings:Brightness-50%Contrast-50%Gamma-0.60%Digital vibrance-70%Hue-0CLICK APPLYDELL Monitor settings:Brightness-30%Contrast-75%Color>Custom Color:R-97%G-99%B-96%Or for a more vibrant look just go with “standard.”*Also, download the latest driver for this monitor on Dell’s website and disable deep sleep in monitor menu.And you’re welcome 🙂
- Awesome monitor! I’ve got nothing but compliments on it, and I have no complaints. Just make sure to deactivate the deep sleep feature as others have mentioned.I found a calibration guide on the internet to improve the colors from the factory.