Save time and effort when removing and installing return springs on the brake shoes of heavy-duty vehicles. This specially designed pliers works for hydraulic wedge-type and “S” cam air brakes. Its 26-1/4″ length gives you the leverage to do the job more easily and the huge jaw opening accommodates even the widest brake shoes. Replaceable tips.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Save time and effort when removing and installing return springs on the brake shoes of heavy-duty vehicles
- Specially designed pliers works for hydraulic wedge-type and S cam air brakes
- Its 26-1/4″ length gives you the leverage to do the job more easily
- Huge jaw opening accommodates even the widest brake shoes
-#629,363 in Automotive (See Top 100 in Automotive) #137 in Brake Repair Brake Adjusting Tools
-5.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
-Item can be shipped within U.S.
-This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- I was working a ’78 Ford LN700 1 ton truck that has drum brakes on all wheels. There wasn’t a chance that a normal brake spring tool would remove the springs on this truck. This tool, however, removed the springs with no issue what so ever. If you are working on heavy duty drum breaks, this is tool you need for the springs.
- It is a good tool. I use it in large shop environment by many other mechanic. It holding up nicely. I like how the tip is replaceable. The last one we had in the shop the tip broke. The tool became a paper weight.
- The handles of the brake spring plier were nice and long allowing me to get a good grip.
- These are a great help when doing brakes on a big rig. Those springs are very strong and this tool helps get the job done in no time. No more busten your lip.