Style:Standard : Premium S2 steel bits provide optimal strength and durability to unfasten intractable screws and bit ends are sized for precise fitting. Sockets are made of enduring chrome-vanadium. Set includes: 16-pc. Sae hex bit sockets: 5/64, 3/32, 1/8, 5/32, 3/16, 7/32, 1/4, 9/32, 5/16, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4 in.; 16-pc. Metric hex bit sockets: 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 5.5mm, 6mm, 7mm, 8mm, 9mm 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 15mm, 17mm, 19mm. Storage and carrying case included.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Hex key bits are made from premium S2 alloy steel for superior hardness that reduces wear outs and ensures maximum durability
- High strength chrome vanadium steel sockets provide superior torque for greater turning power paired with a mirror chrome finish that provides resistance against rust, grime, and corrosion
- Allen hex bit tips are precisely machined to ensure accurate sizing with beveled, chamfered ends for easy and smooth insertion that protects both bits and fasteners from damaged edges
- Replaces multiple allen wrench sets and highly versatile for fastener application on bikes, tractors, and foreign European vehicle repairs
-#2,727 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #2 in Socket Sets
-4.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Some of them are good, some are not sized correctly. 5/16″ is supposed to measure 0.312″ across the flats, 8mm is supposed to measure 0.315″ across the flats. In this set both of those sizes measure exactly the same 0.308″ across the flats. Snap-On hex bits measure correctly (.312 & .315 respectively), and before you say “Yeah, but that’s Snap-On and they cost a fortune”, which is true, I’ll point out that Harbor Freight which is basically the cheapest stuff you can buy ALSO measures correctly, yet these don’t. On my first use, this set stripped out two 8mm drain plugs which cost $32 and considerable effort to replace. That money would have been much better spent buying a better set of hex bits. Would they have stripped anyway? Maybe, they were very tight, but poor-fitting tools certainly didn’t help.
- Here is what you are buying, the bits themselves are properly sized and fit fine, however the quality of the steel is not good at all. What is shown is the 5/16″ bit that broke from a lot less torque than you would expect. One hand on the 3/8″ socket, not like I was standing on it. I just bought this set less than a month ago and this is the first time I used this bit. It broke on the 3rd use.
- Snapped the 6mm on its first use (hand power, 6.5″ long craftsman ratchet 3/8″ drive w/ 1/4 to 3/8 adaptor). Rotor retaining bolt on left rear brakes on E46 BMW. Case and variety were nice, could probably work well for many light applications.
- Neiko 10288A Master Hex Bit Socket Set, S2 Steel | 32-Piece Set | SAE and MetricThis is the first product I have purchased from Ridgerock/Neiko. I am a maintenance technician. Today I put the 10mm, 3/8th drive to the test. I used a 30″ cheater bar and westward 3/8th drive ratchet to break free two large bolts on a forklift push pull attachment. I placed quite a bit of flex on the tool and the ratchet and have twisted previous craftsman hex head sockets with this same procedure. Honestly I was expecting the ratchet to go first as it felt like it was flexing. This tool did not twist or break and I am impressed. Typically I would prefer to use a 1/2″ drive socket/ratchet on large bolts like this. As for the case it is a typical plastic case and with ANY brand of tools that comes in a plastic case the latches always fail in time. The plastic case is acceptable although it would be better if the foam backing was thicker. It is a bit cumbersome to have 3 ratchets to use this one set. These tools fit well in bolts they are intended for and the finish is exquisite.
- Got this for a brake pad and rotor replacement on my BMW X5 since I didn’t have any that fit ratchets and knew I would need them for this and I will always need them for other work (regretted not having them before). I looked at reviews of several sets, wanted a complete set of standard and metric, and chose this one. Lets face it, I don’t use them for a living so I didn’t want to spend a fortune. On the other hand I do always like to buy high quality and it kills me to get cheap crap. I’d rather buy used quality than new junk. I was pleasantly surprised. Honestly if you didn’t know it was Chinese, you wouldn’t know it was Chinese. I think pros could make a living with these. They don’t have the feel and slop of the junk. They are well marked with large clear size markings, the chrome is bright, shiny and smooth. Even the storage box is descent. Perhaps not 100% quality but certainly good enough and better than most. I couldn’t be happier and used them today for the brake job.
- These tools feel and look like high quality tools. They look a lot like Craftsman tools and seem like higher quality. Five stars for the tools themselves!The reason for only four stars is the case. The tools fit well and do not rattle around much. The hinges are thin plastic and don’t feel like they will last long. Also, it comes with a very small price of foam to hold the tools in place and this will get easy lost/damaged or just desintigrate over time.Great tools just expect to put them in a tool box and not keep the provided case for long.
- Twisted a bit the first job I used them on. There seems to be no method for sourcing replacements. It’s a pretty good set, but without replacement parts it’s no longer a set. Tools without warranties are pretty much unheard of and sets that can’t have individual components replaced are useless.Update: I was able to press out the 1/4″ hex drive bit and replace it with another standard 1/4″ hex drive bit. This will only work with the smaller of the bits though.
- This is my forth Neiko tools purchase and just like the others I am very satisfied with it. Anytime I need a specialty or seldom used tool (usually to work on a family members VW) this is my go to brand and I have yet to be disappointed. Sets of this type tend to be pretty pricey but as usual this company comes through with a reasonable option. To date I have only put the larger sizes to use but the set appears to have the quality to last for some time…