Style:Metric Product Description Built for use with impact tools, these TEKTON 1/2 in. drive shallow impact sockets fit in tight spaces to effortlessly break free rusty suspension and exhaust bolts, quickly remove stuck lug nuts, and loosen crank bolts with ease. TEKTON impact sockets efficiently transfer torque from impact wrench to fastener, loosening the most stubborn nuts and bolts. Made from high-strength chrome vanadium steel, our impact sockets are more resistant to drive end round out than standard impact sockets, resulting in a longer useable life. TEKTON impact sockets meet or exceed ANSI performance standards. The high-torque, 6-point socket grips the broad, flat sides of nuts and bolts, not just the corners, so there’s no need to worry about stripping fastener head or damaging socket. The shallow socket design allows access to fasteners in tight spaces. Even in low light, the high-contrast, permanent laser etched size markings are easy-to-read. The customized red TEKTON case can be stored in a tool chest or carried to your job site. Molded size markings keeps set organized and identifies any missing sockets.Set Includes:(10) 1/2 in. drive shallow 6-point sockets (metric): 11, 12, 13, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 24 mm(1) storage case From the Manufacturer Covering a range of sizes from 11 to 24mm, the 6-point TEKTON 4815 1/2 in. Drive Shallow Chrome Vanadium Sockets are built for use with impact wrenches to loosen the most stubborn fasteners in tight spaces without stripping them.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- High-torque, 6-point socket design grips the flat sides of fasteners, not just the corners, preventing round-off
- Shallow socket depth provides access to fasteners in tight spaces
- High-contrast permanent laser etched size markings are easy-to-read, even in low light
- Made from forged and heat treated chrome vanadium steel with a corrosion-resistant black phosphate finish
-#71,346 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #141 in Triple Square Drive Sockets
-2.73 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
-Item can be shipped within U.S.
-This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- These are what I needed. I’ve have other Tekton tools and most are great tools. These impact sockets are rugged and the first one I used took a beating on a blade spindle. It finally took two of us and a pull bar extension to leverage the nut loose. I checked out the socket face of the Tekton impact tool. No spreading or deformation of socket material even though the socket went through one hell of a hammering. These are great tools.
- They seem ok but there is no 14mm. 14mm is a very common size.
- I am surprised at the apparent quality of the set. Each socket is well marked with size and the matte finish is consistent throughout the set unlike the low priced sets avail at HF. FYI, these are made in Taiwan not China if that makes a difference to you. Just like Sunex and IR. I own primarily USA tools and I feel most of the time it is worth the investment but these will more than meet my needs as a traveling set of impact sockets. Keep in mind my 5 star rating of these sockets is based on the quality at this price point. I purchased both the metric and SAE set and feel these are more than worth the asking price.
- I purchased this Tekton 1/2″ impact socket set to use with a new Bosch IDH182-02L 18-volt Brushless Socket Ready Impact Driver with 2.0Ah Batteries, Charger and L-Boxx-2. The Tekton set comes nicely packaged in a hard plastic case. The sockets are heavier than I expected, but that’s a good thing and means they will hold up with use. Frankly, I wish I hadn’t spent money on a Bosch branded set of deep sockets. For the money I spent on the Bosch sockets I was able to buy Tekton socket sets in both SAE and metric along with some socket extensions. I will save the Bosch deep sockets in case I ever need them for a special situation, but this Tekton product is a far better value and will do the job just fine.
- This is exactly what we needed to remove the bumper of our truck. We have a new one coming and hubby needed three specific sizes to get the job done. He took this set out as soon as it arrived to see if he could loosen the bolts (he isn’t taking the old bumper off until the new one gets here day after tomorrow). Worked like a charm.
- I needed 1 size socket that was in this set and not in other shallow sets I had, seems to be a good set and to buy just 1 socket is a joke what they want for them I use impact drivers anywhere I can saves time and money.
- The set is really a bargain: they’re well made and the case is nice (although I can’t get one of the latches to close). The sockets themselves are workhorses, and they’re getting used quite a bit in my garage since I purchased them a few weeks ago.The only problem is the set does not include a 16mm socket, which seems to be common on the cars I own. Fortunately, 16mm is close to a 5/8″ so I can use a socket from my SAE set. But I knew it was missing before I bought it.While there is a lot to be said for having one set with all the sizes you need, the price and quality make this a must-buy for a first (or 2nd) set.
- Great quality sockets with well-marked sizes and lifetime warranty. Teton makes a big push to fill the Craftsman gap. I’ve bought Tekton before and never been disappointed.