The XZN/Triple Square bits in this set are made from heat-treated S2 steel alloy to withstand long-term use, the sockets are composed of Chrome-Vanadium to provide optimal strength and durability. The pieces also have a chrome plating to prevent rusting and corrosion. This set comes with a convenient blow-molded storage box for portability and protection. These are perfect for use with breaker bars, torque wrenches and ratchets (not for use with impact tools). They are compatible with most European vehicles. This set meets and exceeds ANSI standards and comes with a lifetime replacement guarantee.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Drop-forged, heat-treated S2 steel bit set that will last longer than any others in its class
- These XZN/Triple Square bits are great for working with BMW, Mercedes, VW, Audi, Porsche, and most other European vehicles
- Meets and exceeds ANSI standards
- Capri Tools provides a lifetime replacement guarantee
-#9,097 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #9 in Triple Square Drive Sockets
-2.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
-Item can be shipped within U.S.
-This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- These bits worked as expected where tight space was not an issue. The only downside that I encountered using these bits is that they are too big for many tight spots under the hood. I tried to use them remove one of the transmission bolts and cooler lines on a 2009 VW, these bits were way too long–I had to use the OTC “Super Short” socket bits.UPDATE (11/2015): I have used the bits several times since my first review where space limitations were not an issue. These bits are some of the strongest and toughest I have ever used (at least compared to Craftsman and Snap-on). For example, I used a 3/8″ bit with to a 1/2″ adapter and turned it with a 24″ long 1/2″ drive breaker bar to break loose rusted bolts. The Capri Tools bit held up and didn’t even bend any of the triple square splines on the bit! The 1/2″ drive breaker bar and extension visibly twisted (slightly) during removal, but the bit still held up to this load. Worth every penny.
- This sockect set looks great and I never thought I would have a problem, especially with all the positive reviews. The first time using the 12mm socket on a VW head bolt, it broke in half.
- These seem OK for a DIYer or weekend warrior, but i have my doubt about how they would stand up to professional use. The bits seems to be a bit soft, i have been noticing some rounding on the edges from moderate use on things like VW/Audi axle bolts. Full disclosure, i have used them on a 3/8 impact to zip off medium tq fasteners. Still, i have put many other bits through much more abuse, and not seen any rounding or damage.
- Bought this set for occasional use. In taking apart a set of 2 piece BBS wheels, I removed 60 m8 socket cap screws with no stripped heads. That said, the fit is a little loose for my liking. They won’t fit like any snap-on tool, that’s for certain. The splines aren’t chewed, but the coating is already starting to come off.For the DIY’er who wants to do a few weekend jobs, this will be a great set. But in profesional use I wouldn’t expect them to last more than a couple months.If I worked on more VW’s, I’d have invested in a better set. But considering I see triple squares less than once a month, this set should be just fine. I may update this when they start wearing out and breaking.
- Replaced my wheel bearing last weekend and this triple square set is unbelievable! When removing the old one, my Dad (~270 lbs) broke a 1/2″ drive extension (a cheepo from the 90’s) off standing on the breaker bar, but absolutely no damage to the M16 triple square! I cannot believe how well these hold up for this price point. Installed the new bearing assembly and torqued to 140 ft/lbs, riding smooth!
- The box hinges are almost coming undone without even using it twice. The bits do not fit snuggly into their places. If you are to open them and not keeping the box on the table flat you will be chasing them around and considering my luck, they will bounce all the way to the storm drain by the curb. Haven’t used them yet so Ican’t attest to their quality but they’re shiny!
- I needed a Triple Square bits for a timing belt project on an Audi and these bits are well made and did a fine job. And for a few dollars more, the bits came with a very tough and great looking case with durable hinges that won’t break off. I compared this product with lesser priced competitors and it was worth it to pay a few more dollars for a set with a well made case that won’t break apart after few uses.
- Had to use a 2’ breaker bar on two half inch thick bolts for a VW brake assembly with this tool kit. I nearly got a hernia breaking loose the bolts but these took the torque required to break them free to save me beacoup moulah in VW labor charges in swapping out rotors. Well worth their value IMHO.