Style:Standard | Size:1/4 in. Save your knuckles, work faster, and avoid extra disassembly with the TEKTON 3-pc. 1/4 in. Drive Extension Set. Made of premium chrome vanadium steel, they reach past obstructions or into tight, narrow spaces, delivering the strength to loosen stubborn fasteners. Their spring-loaded detent balls securely latch onto sockets, preventing them from being dropped or left sticking on fasteners. Detent notches in the drive ends lock onto the drive tang of ratchets and breaker bars. A mirror chrome finish resists rust and corrosion and wipes clean after each use.Set Includes:(3) 1/4 in. drive extensions: 3, 6, 9 in.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Adds length to access hard-to-reach fasteners
- Knurled bands offer a nonslip grip for turning loosened fasteners by hand
- Spring-loaded detent balls securely latch onto sockets, preventing them from being dropped
- Detent notches in drive ends lock onto ratchets and breaker bars
-#11,971 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #30 in Socket Wrenches
-8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
-Item can be shipped within U.S.
-This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- With and tools I’m usually a Husky guy myself. I like the solid feel and years of reliable service I get from my Husky tools. But over the years a few tools here and there have gone missing. So I found myself needing some new 1/4″ extensions. I couldn’t get myself to spend $15+ on a single Husky extention! That’s kinda crazy since it’s essentially just a steel shaft.So I found these TEKTON, 3 piece set, on amazon for less than the price of just one single Husky extention and thought why not give them a try. They have exceeded my expectations. The chrome finish looks to be good and thick. The knerling is uniform and not cheap looking like most budget tools. I have used all 3 of them now for various projects, even with my impact driver, and they work great! I will probably buy a few more tools from this company as needed and see how they compare to the “big brands” I’m use to working with.
- I’m a big Fan of Tekton tools, they perform as good and BETTER than that former American overpriced brand that begins with a C but are far, far less expensive and lifetime guaranteed. These fit my sockets and ratchets perfectly and the choice of 3 sizes that you can add together for more length makes this a great set. Also a good area near the top is knurled so you can spin the nuts by hand first to get them tight or take off when loose without need for a ratchet. I ordered the 3/8 inch extension set at same time. Since being an Amazon prime member I’ve purchased alot of Tekton tools and will continue to do so. I’ve bought their 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 torque wrenches and countless more tool that never let me down.I need a serpentine belt tool set but I don’t’ see one from Tekton,, very sad , will check again, hope I find it.
- I used these with the TEKTON 1819 1/2-inch Drive Pro Socket Set, Metric. These are heavy-duty (although not rated for use with impact wrenches), and the plastic holder that they come in is reusable – so you can put the extension bars back in place, and hang them on the wall if you want.When I received them, I thought they looked even more heavy-duty in terms of thickness, then they appeared online. I’ve attached a photo for reference. The coin in the photo is a quarter.
- OK. I admit it. I bought a set of 1/4″ extensions off eBay. The sockets kept falling off and several times lost in various crevasses or other hard to reach locations. The few pennies I saved buying cheap extensions was quickly eaten up by the cost of replacing lost sockets. Have you ever priced the cost of individual sockets to replace those lost from your set?These Tekton extensions grip your sockets firmly. They have a solid, high finished feel; the fit and finish is exceptional It is a pleasure to use a quality tool. If you want to take it to the next step, look into the Tekton Impact set.
- When I was doing fleet maint professionally, I had quite a bit of Snap-On tools. That was years ago. So I started building a little collection from scratch for my personal needs. I’m very impressed with the finish, construction and overall quality of this ratchet. I’ve only used it on one job, replacing the upstream sensors on our BMW…and I wanted a (another brand) ratchet that was backordered, so I went with this one so I could get the job done and not have to wait a few weeks. So glad I bought this I don’t think this Tekton has to take a backseat to the competition whatsoever!
- Quality on these were pretty good. I needed this to fasten a nut behind my fridge that was very difficult to reach and apply leverage.Pros:+ Well made, good quality+ Good length on extension+ Latches onto sockets wellAreas for Improvement:- PricingBottom Line: This is a good product to buy if you are in need of extended fasteners and don’t want to pay $20 for them.
- Overall, these extensions have been very good. The only issue I’ve had is that the small bearing on the tip of one of these has fallen out and my sockets wont stay on the tip by themselves (the bearing is there to keep the socket on the extension regardless of which angle you hold the tool at). Hard to say if I’m the exception or if its a sign of the quality.
- Nice set for an inexpensive price (I paid $6.68 and that’s still the current price).Seems like these will be plenty strong for a light duty 1/4″ set, fit, finish, chrome and finger grip knurling is all very nice. I don’t remember if the country of origin listed on the package was China or Taiwan, but quality seemed on par with most Taiwan, and newer Chinese items.These were bought for a secondary set of tools, and for $6.68 I can’t complain about quality or Country or Origin.