Style:Inch Product Description Built for use with impact tools, these TEKTON 1/2 in. drive deep impact sockets effortlessly break free rusty suspension and exhaust bolts, quickly remove stuck lug nuts, and loosen crank bolts with ease. TEKTON impact sockets efficiently transfer torque from impact wrench to fastener, loosening the most stubborn nuts and bolts. Made from high-strength chrome vanadium steel, our impact sockets are more resistant to drive end round out than standard impact sockets, resulting in a longer useable life. TEKTON impact sockets meet or exceed ANSI performance standards. The high-torque, 6-point socket grips the broad, flat sides of nuts and bolts, not just the corners, so there’s no need to worry about stripping fastener head or damaging socket. An extra-deep broach enables you to access the entire length of fasteners. Even in low light, the high-contrast, permanent laser etched size markings are easy-to-read. The customized red TEKTON case can be stored in a tool chest or carried to your job site. Molded size markings keeps set organized and identifies any missing sockets.Set Includes:(14) 1/2 in. drive deepwell 6-point sockets (inch): 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8, 15/16, 1, 1-1/16, 1-1/8, 1-1/4 inch(1) storage case From the Manufacturer Covering a range of sizes from 3/8 in. to 1-1/4 in., the 6-point TEKTON 4880 1/2 in. Drive Deep Chrome Vanadium Sockets are built for use with impact wrenches to loosen the most stubborn fasteners without stripping them.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- High-torque, 6-point socket design grips the flat sides of fasteners, not just the corners, preventing round-off.
- Extra-deep broach accommodates longer fasteners.
- High-contrast permanent laser etched size markings are easy-to-read, even in low light.
- Made from forged and heat treated chrome vanadium steel with a corrosion-resistant black phosphate finish.
-#3,714 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #3 in Triple Square Drive Sockets
-9.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
-Item can be shipped within U.S.
-This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- First off let me tell you I’m a huge advocate of buying American made tools anytime I can. When I was contemplating these I was looking at SK tools impact sockets but they’re like 5-6 times the price of these and don’t include the bigger 27,30, and 32mm sockets which I would’ve had to buy individual and each socket is just about as much as this set was. It was hard to justify not getting this set over other brands. So after reading all the reviews I went ahead and bought the set. And I’m glad I did!As far as durability, right when I got these in the mail I opened the package and used the 14,17, and 21mm sockets. They took out the rusted bolts without rounding the bolt or breaking in general. I live in the Midwest where we use salt and calcium chloride on our roads so cars here get rusty no matter what you do. I am using these sockets on my Snap On XT7100 1/2″ snap ring drive impact gun that has 700 ft/lbs of reverse torque. Sockets felt good, transferred the tourque, and did just as good as my other USA made impact sockets.My only gripes are I wish the sockets were stamped with the sizes on them too and not just laser engraved. I know from owning other sockets that are laser engraved that the etching does not last the life of the socket and depending on how much you use specific sizes the faster the etching wears away. So I will eventually just buy a number stamping tool set and do it myself. The other gripe is I wish they actually had a COMPLETE set. I went with this deep socket set because of the larger sockets, but they’re other 15 socket set includes the 10mm, 16mm, 20mm, and 23mm sockets which this one does not. So Ok, I’ll buy them seperate……. Well Tekton only sells the 10mm and 16mm individually,which I bought individually, and you have to buy the 10-24mm 15 socket set if you want their 20mm and 23mm sockets, they don’t offer them individually! Again no big deal, it wasn’t a deal breaker because I can just buy them individually from my big box stores or here online, just wish I could have a complete set of the same brand.Overall awesome set for the money, the black oxide coating can really take a beating, and you really can’t go wrong!
- These impact sockets work extremely well. No problems with wear or damage after some heavy use. The only improvement I’d like to see is engraving the socket size instead of printing. At some point that gold tone printing is going to wear off (no problems so far). I would have been willing to pay a couple of extra dollars for the set to cover the cost of etching or engraving identifier details on each socket. UPDATE: TEKTON RESPONDED. See below. While it appears that the info on each socket is printed on, it is engraved through the black coating. I actually tried to get it to fade out by vigorously rubbing a WD40 soaked towel over the gold text. Markings remain clean and bright. I’ve updated my review rating from 4 to 5 stars to reflect this. Very happy overall with the product and price point.
- A loser friend stored his tools in my garage. He has assorted Snapon and MacTools. However, we found that he lacked good metric impact sockets (He has a MacTools Air Impact gun and no metric sockets!). When these arrived, it happened when he showed up to mooch and use my garage. He also complained about the wind outside and that my garage wasn’t heated (Who plans to replace their shocks in Feb!). Seems he needed my sockets and got those poor-designed shocks off the front of his Dodge in no time. Otherwise, I wonder whether he would complain I had no good tools! He thought he was funny when he tried to hide the socket case in HIS tool box.These worked well. I used them again on a woodsplitter assembly. 6pt and durable with a good range of sizes. I recommend these. I don’t recommend you allow someone to store their tools at your home (they use it as an excuse). And don’t let anyone borrow these…you won’t see them back!
- I work on cars and stuff around the house a lot. I can’t stand bad tools. These however are not bad at all! I was looking at SK Sockets, I usually like to buy American when I can but the price difference was way too much. These had great reviews and the price is awesome so I gave them a try and figured If I didn’t like them I can send them back. These are good quality sockets, I have used my impact gun to remove suspension bolts with no problem they grip well and seem to be durable and well built. I have nothing bad to say about these sockets. the case Is sturdy and shuts tight too.
- I’m a huge fan of Tekton tools. They have big name quality, for a fraction of the cost. And it is nice to have the lifetime guarantee in case it does end up breaking. Ive used these to break loose tractor lug nuts, seized bolts, rusted nuts, you name it. They have performed just as well as my other much more expensive impact sockets. The included case is nice and sturdy, and so far has held up really well being thrown in and out of my tool bag, and bouncing around my truck. If you are looking for the matching Metric set here is the link TEKTON 1/2-Inch Drive Deep Impact Socket Set, Metric
- Absolutely awesome impact sockets. I already had the metric ones for a while, but finally broke down and got these SAE ones. These were twice the price of a local store for a similar product, but theirs doesn’t come with a case which I prefer. Plus theirs doesn’t have the 3/8 socket. Having good experience with the metric ones, I made the investment in good tools.These were used this past weekend to change wheel bearings on a Ford Focus. Coupled with an AirCat 1150, these pulled bolts out like they were nothing. There were no rounded edges or slipping. In 3 hours, we had both bearings replaced and a good amount of that time was simply getting the new bearings aligned properly.The only complaint I have is that the laser etching doesn’t work well for these. It is almost like a sticker. A bit of grease, and you can’t read it. I greatly prefer the stamped or more permanent deep etching of other sockets.Warning, the package is large (18″ long) and heavy. Amazon put it in a larger box that allowed the sockets to slide around inside, so it was a dropping hazard. Make sure you have a good grip on it when the UPS person arrives. 🙂