Style:Metric / Wrench Keeper The TEKTON 12-pc. Stubby Combination Wrench Set is a complete series of every size from 8 to 19 mm. Short lengths and slim bodies make these wrenches easy to operate when there’s not much room to work. To reduce the working swing arc, the open end is angled 15 degrees so the wrench can be flipped over with each rotation to engage the fastener twice as often. The 12-point box end doubles the access angles of a 6-point. It’s offset 15 degrees, creating clearance for your fingers and extra space to slide past whatever might be in the way. To prevent round-off, it contacts and applies force to the flat sides of fastener heads rather than the corners. The wrenches are compactly organized in the Store-and-Go Wrench Keeper. This versatile storage solution has a folding handle that saves drawer space and nonslip grippers that lock wrenches securely in place when you’re on the move.Set Includes:(12) stubby combination wrenches (mm): 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 mm(1) Store and Go Wrench Keeper, red
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Short length and a slim body make it easy to operate in areas with limited room
- Open end is angled 15 degrees so it can flip over and engage fasteners twice as often in tight spaces
- 12-point box end doubles the access angles of a 6-point and is offset 15 degrees to create clearance for fingers
- Box end opening is designed to grip flat sides of fastener head, not corners, to prevent round-off
-#40,599 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #47 in Wrench Sets
-2.15 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Who remembers going to Sears in the early 90s and buying a really nice set of Craftsman tools? Holidays/birthdays ruled then(possibly because dad needed a new tool, or he did an awesome job setting his kids up for success(thanks dad)). I can only speak to the the feel and fit of these wrenches, can’t say anything as to their metallurgy but come on, it’s 2018 and there’s a reason why your local Sears is closing. Tekton obviously paid attention and these feel great. I use Snap On exclusively at my day job (Thanks taxpayers) but have to provide my own tools at my part time aircraft mx job, and I’ve been buying Tekton a lot recently. The screwdrivers absolutely rule. Anyway I’m babbling, and this set absolutely belongs in your collection. Stubies don’t get used that often, but they’re essential wh you need one. If you’re the kind of person who smiles when you open your drawers and sees a versatile collection, skip that morning latté, slam a cup of drip from the shop and buy the dang wrench set already.
- I’m a full time auto mechanic and own a lot of snap-on tools. These wrenches are dirt cheap and I find for as often I use them as opposed to me full size wrenches they are worth the few dollars. They hold up well even when tightening on the other end of an impact. Only issue I have is they will strip a nut or bolt if its rusted or tight where a better wrench will not. All in all they work great for the price
- These are a great set of stubby wrenches I would highly recommend them for anyone just starting out or any DIYer but as a professional tech they aren’t quite up to par with some of the tool truck brands but a much better option than say Pittsburgh at least you do get a complete set of wrenches with tekton. I highly recommend these wrenches if you just need a set around home or if you need a set to hold you over for a few years until you can get established as a technician. I know starting out it’s not really an option to go buy a tool truck but if you need a good quality stubby wrench set that you can count on for a few years of service yeah I’d recommend these, or if you are an established tech and need a set in a truck yeah that’s why I have them who wants to spend 200 dollars for a wrench set that’s going to stay in a truck.
- Wish I had these stubbies years ago. Bought them because I needed to remove the carbs from my classic Porsche, difficult to access the nuts at the base of the throttle plates, particularly the blind one’s in back next to the firewall.The length of these is perfect for the job, I can reach around and find the nuts with the open end.I had purchased the ratchet head versions, but I those are useless for the most part – the heads are way too bulky to fit most nuts or bolts unless they are wide open accessible – get these!Order the Roll-up pouch, I have another set with the plastic rack, and those are a bit flimsy and wonky.
- Great quality import. I’m a made in USA kind of guy but for the price and quality of tekton, you can’t beat them for overall value! The finish is great, sizing is dead on, and the holder is a little pliable to actually hold on to the wrench instead of relying on gravity to hold them in place. I like them better then craftsman professional full polish.
- Needed some very short wrenches that would allow me to connect power steering lines to a rack and pinion unit installed on the vehicle. This set is a full set – no skipping sizes. Wrenches are polished and look to be pretty high quality for the price.
- Once you’ve used a stubby wrench in a tight place, you’ll wonder how you’ve lived so long and wrenched without them. I used them at a buddies house and had a set ordered the next day. It’s incredible what you can get to and get done with a stubby. These are great quality and come packaged nicely to put in a drawer while being quick to pull out as a full set to find the right size. I highly recommend this set and plan to buy more from TEKTON. The quality is great and affordable.
- These are awesome quality for the money. I like to buy Made in The USA when it’s an option but considering Snap-On would run me $300+ dollars for the same thing I have to say it’s not worth it in this case. I can support more American jobs spending the extra 250 elsewhere…On a side not, I’m almost positive this brand manufactures for MacTools because some of their stuff is identical to mine…. at one tenth the price.