Style:SAE Stubby Combination Set Product description Compact design for maximum access in confined areas Canvas pouch included Fully polished drop forged alloy steel Lifetime warranty From the Manufacturer This Sunex 11 piece SAE stubby combination wrench set includes the most common sizes used for automotive repair. It includes 11 SAE wrenches made of fully polished drop forged alloy steel. Canvas pouch included for convenient storage.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY WITH SUNEXPRESS: Get in the express lane with the industry’s leading warranty program and exchange warranted products directly with Sunex.
- COMPACT DESIGN: Allows for use in confined areas.
- 15-DEGREE OFFSET ON BOX END: Provides clearance for your fingers and other obstructions near the fastener.
- CHAMFERED BOX END: Allows for fast and easy guidance onto fasteners.
-#11,115 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #12 in Wrench Sets
-2.85 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
-Item can be shipped within U.S.
-This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- Liars they are not v groove and they are not sunnex
- I am an auto tech in a body shop, I have thousands in snap on, mac, matco and so on but I don’t use stubby wrenches enough to justify there high expense. I was going to by the gearwrench set that was on here but I waited too long and the price went up. So I bumped across these while some may have never heard of sunex I have multiple sockets from them and I felt it was worth the gamble for what these cost. I couldn’t be happier I put these and my snap on ones on the same bolt that were equally as loose. I’m not saying these are a full replacement for the pro tools but there a budget friendly choice that will work just fine. I paired mine up with some Ernest wrench organizers and it fits me and my box perfectly!
- Very disappointed, never looked at the wrenches cause I was out of town and they were delivered to my house. Now that I have finally used them, the 9/16 and 3/4 chipped and went right into my skin! So I looked at the wrenches and realized that these are not even sunex! Why????!!!
- The wrenches are excellent in both fit and finish. I bought stubby wrenches in both SAE and Metric. The two rolls take up a fair amount of space.in a tool drawer or tool box. The storage wrap is fine if you are going to hang it on a wall. When it is rolled up it is bulky. Each roll is too thick – about 3″ rolled diameter by 6″ long.- because all to the wrenches are in the same plane.It might be handier when in use to make the roll with two tiers of slots. I did not mark down for this because the case is a take it or leave it thing, the wrenches are the important part.
- They decided to add way too much metal band of the tool. The result is the tools are too thick. While they are rigid enough this makes them so bulky they are not useable it tighter locations. I do not recommend these. Buy a higher quality tool madeceith better metal and correspondingly thinner.Final thoughts. I wish I still had the American made set I had from years ago.I would return these except I lost one tool and three out the pouch they came in.
- Would have been nice to have a 13/16″ in this set. Instead I got two 3/4″. All in all they don’t seem like bad wrenches. Just not sure they have any quality control. This seems to be a pretty popular issue. 2 stars is because it’s useless to me if it’s not a complete set.I’m currently waiting to hear back from sunex customer service. I’ve asked them to replace the missing wrench rather than return everything. We will see how this goes and I’ll try to update.
- I considered several brands when searching for stubby wrenches. Considerations were mostly form factor (all dimensions on the smaller side for fitting into the tightest possible spaces), price, and completeness of the set. I did not need a tool truck brand for something that will not be regularly subjected to a whole lot of torque or abuse. These wrenches fit the bill perfectly. The dimensions are extremely close to that of Snap-On’s set, as compared to a coworker’s. I was also pleasantly surprised by the fit and finish. The included storage pouch is also nice if you throw these in a larger tool box drawer instead of your main wrench drawer like me. I don’t use these extremely often, but when you need them, you need them bad. Very pleased with the product overall.
- I got these earlier today. The finish is first rate and they are sized very well, they fit the fasteners well. I compared the 1/2″ wrench to a Husky Pro 12 mm stubby and they are a very good fit. This means that they are not too long or short, the box end is not too thick and the open end is not too large (as another reviewer said “not giant lobster claws”). The tool pouch/roll looks to be very sturdy and has a Velcro strap to hold it together well. I just coated each wrench with a light coat of oil to keep them in good shape. The reason I said this is that I have only needed stubbies a few times in many years of wrenching; if I wait until I use them it will probably take a long time. If you need a stubby nothing else will work. A crows foot may be needed to break a fastener souse or final tighten it but crows foot wrenches are pretty awkward to use. I have snap on and Craftsman tools and these are their equal in workmanship but I don’t know if they are as tough as the others but once again I usually use these to turn the fasteners while they are loose.