Style:1/2″ Drive The 23 Piece Combination Impact Socket Set offers a wide variety of sockets for any user need. These sockets have DirectTorque technology to help prevent rounding of fasteners and provide better grip.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Heat treated CR-440 steel
- DirectTorque Technology
- High visibility laser etched markings
- Black oxide coating
-#13,968 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #15 in Socket & Socket Wrench Sets
-8.73 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- There’s nothing negative about this set of tools. If I had to pick something, it would be that some of the black oxide on the ratchet was already gone in certain areas, and there’s edge wear across the entire ratchet like a tiny outline. It gives the ratchet some character though and isn’t much of an issue. This is a quality heavy duty set, and even if you don’t need it for impact work, it’s good to have because impact sockets tend to be more sturdy in general because they have to stand up to power tool usage. The black looks much better than chrome.Even though 1/2 drive is larger than what most people will need for most things, it’s great to have it for when you need it, and you only need lesser drive sizes for when you need to work in smaller spaces or with much smaller socket sizes. The ratchet has a lot of teeth, feels good to hold and turn. You have pretty much all the socket sizes you’ll ever need, and this set should be the only set you’ll ever need for the rest of your life as long as you take care of it. The case it comes in is not flimsy, has rubber feet, latches closed well, and is easy to carry. You can even stack and lock other products that use the same case together to carry them both at once with one handle.Stay away from the cheap tools. There are plenty of sets for half the price, but they’ll likely wear down or break before long. Get a good quality sturdy set and you only have to buy it once.These tools are made in Taiwan.
- Really nice and sturdy sockets for use on my… er… Milwaukee M18 impact driver (can I say that here?). The only real downside to me is that the nice black coating scratches very easily—after the first use in the driveway. The storage case is nice and everything is well organized, but the plastic seems like it could break pretty easily. There are four latches on the case, so the sockets certainly not going anywhere while in the case.
- I’ve been a Dewalt user for decades and I’m generally very satisfied with their products.I bought the 23pc set in 3/8″ about 4 months ago (2018) and have used it in a commercial setting weekly and it’s great! I would deduct just a little bit for not having the for sight to put in a 10mm socket but I was aware of that when I purchased it. I easily found one and threw it in the case though.I’ve used this servicing our tractors, vans, cars at work but have not had to use the sockets with an impact gun yet. So I can’t attest to their strength.The black coating does easily wear off but I didn’t buy um for the color.
- Everything was as it should be but the second time I used the ratchet it broke
- I’ve owned a lot of socket sets over the past 30 years (most of which I still have). I bought this one to use with my impact wrench on tougher jobs. The entire kit: sockets, ratchet, and even the case is built like a tank. Besides being solid, the ratchet has a crisp action and the sockets are easy to put on and remove. Not really sure what else I could really ask for in a socket set.
- I bought this in anticipation of working on my car’s brakes, and it got the job done with zero trouble. At one point I even had to bang on the ratchet with a four pound hammer to break a rusty nut loose, and the ratchet didn’t even flinch. The ratchet also did not sustain any damage from this abuse/misuse. The 72 points of engagement were very helpful while working in the tight space of my small car’s wheel well. I expect this set will last a long time and it has already paid for itself in that I didn’t need to go pay a mechanic to change my rotors/calipers.
- I bought this socket set solely for the 18 and 21 because I didnt have these sizes and needed them for work on my vehicle and Im beyond impressed with the quality of everything, including the case. Ive used this set on quite a few things now and used almost every size included in it and everything is rock solid and feels like it to. Even if you only need one odd size and its in this kit I guarantee youll end up using the entire kit more than you would think. Best of all its in a well designed and sturdy case. These are admittedly my first Dewalt tools but I dont think theyll be my last!
- While it is a somewhat incomplete set (depending on your needs), paired with Neiko 02443A set on amazon, it’s a great set for working on most vehicles, bikes, etc. Very good, traditional Dewalt build quality (vs the larger, cheaper sets that are now at Costco). Very solid carrying case as well (most others are cheap and will break at the latch or hinge in a few months).