Size:11-Inch Save time and money with the quick-acting Strong Hand line of Clamps, Magnets, and Pliers. Each innovative Strong Hand Clamp is specifically designed to be quick-acting, so you save valuable work set-up time. Built with heat-treated steel and nickel/chrome plating for strength and durability. Pieces (qty.): 1, Product Style: Locking clamp, Length (in.): 11, Opening (in.): 1 1/5-2 1/2, Finish Type: Chrome, Material: Steel/nickel, Throat Depth (in.): 3 1/2
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Wide opening allows the Pipe Pliers to hold up to 2-1/2″ diameter pipes.
- Adjustable top spindle for holding pipes of varying sizes.
- 2 large V-Pads provide a better clamping surface.
- 0 & 45 angle clip allows angled clamping.
-#27,735 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #18 in Vise Grips & Locking Pliers
-2.51 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Thing is kind of flimsily made, everything is kind of loose, parts pop out every few times, and does not clamp 2 pipes together on its own. It can hold one pipe but won’t hold another tightly to it at the same time for welding. It needs 2 angle braces to hold 2 pipes together, and it would also be hard to get the torch in there without it. Also the minimum size the pipe needs to be is 1.5″ to even hold it without the angles bars. Won’t hold 1″ alone. I was initially going to return but after cutting a few pieces of angle steel to act as a wedge it will work for my application.
- Excellent quality. Would rate Five Stars if the clamping pads swiveled perpendicular to pipe axis o to accommodate butt welding two tubes together. That way if you had two outside diameters that were different, it would still clamp down on both tubes. And that’s pretty much the reason why I bought this thing. It’s a lot more heavy-duty than what I’m going to use it for
- Best clamps I have ever used in my 30 years of being a pipe fitter and welder. I work in the food and pharmaceutical processing industry where fit up is crucial for a sanitary weld. These clamps will not disappoint.
- I’m about to order a few more. For the cost I cant knock them. I have a few older Besseytubing clamps that I dont like as well as these. I especially like that you can easily tighten them after they’re clamped. It makes it nice trying to pull offset pcs together. They look like theyll hold up well.
- I was using this clamp to weld up some 2 1/2” pipe the other day works great at holding the high/ low on the pipe. I really didn’t need my fitter. In fact after we where done he paid me 40 to keep it. Who ever thought of this was spot on.
- I bought these to old some piping while lowering a well pump. The pliers had great gripping power and did exactly what they were supposed to do. I would buy these again.
- I was installing handrail on a mezzanine 20’ in the air. These clamps made the job so much easier. Lining up the 2.5” pipe up was a breeze. And even when we had a mismatch, we could rotate the clamp and get it in line enough to weld it up. Very happy with these
- What’s not to like? They took an age-old vise grips design and made it better for the metal fabricator. I am sure these will help tons in roll cage and other off-road fabrication assembly. Like the adjustability, the clamping pressure, and the fit with MANY different types of materials.