These Tenite-plastic grips handles provide comfort and resist slipping. Use hot tap water to fit these to an existing pair of 8-Inch (203 mm) to 9-Inch (229 mm) pliers. For more than 160 years, Klein Tools has manufactured premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools that deliver the performance, durability and precision needed to get the job done right. Our family of engineers, workers and craftsman continue to put six generations of expertise into every tool we create by using only the highest quality materials, superior workmanship, and keeping manufacturing as close to home as we can. Klein isn’t just the name of our company, it’s also our family name. And since we’re an American company that’s family-owned and family-run, you know you can count on us to be here tomorrow. Klein Tools doesn’t just make great products, we make great products that stand up to the demands of the professionals who use them every day … Since 1857.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Plastic for slip-resistant grip and comfort
- Fit these to an existing pair of 8-Inch (203 mm) to 9-Inch (229 mm) pliers
- To install, place open end of grip in hot tap water to within one inch of plugged end for approximately one minute, drive grip onto pliers handle.
-#24,674 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #13 in Plier Sets #19 in Slip-Joint Pliers
-2.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- These ARE a bit pricey (but after all, they’re Klein — the absolute best in electrician’s tools — and you’d expect that).But on the other hand, they fit the pliers PERFECTLY (super-tight, so they won’t slip off or rotate) and they seem extremely durable and tough.One piece of advice: if you are adding these grips to a pair of full-size side-cutting electrician’s pliers (“lineman’s pliers”) as I did, you’ll find it nearly-impossible to slide them over the steel plier handles unless you spray the steel with a bit of silicone lubricant.My pliers are “as good as new” now — yours will be, too.
- Bought these to replace the grips on my new Bahco (Sweden) pliers as the PVC grips where not very good. Followed the install instructions using very hot water from a boiling pot (just under boiling), the grips went on with ease and I look forward to using them for years. The handles on my pliers were a bit smaller than Kliens so possibly next time I will use a little electrical tape to beef them up and give them some insulating properties. They say these are not to be used on live circuits but, in the past I have relied on these to work pulling off a live wire as they are made of a very durable plastic and do not nick or tear easily when dropped. Not recomended. So far the do not shift, stretch, roll or slide off the pliers when really challenged. A great replacement grip for the regular grips that come on pliers. Highly recommended.
- I brought an old pair of Fuller linesman’s pliers back to life and replaced the old ratty handles with these! As you can see, they look and feel incredible! You won’t be disappointed!
- Very well made and easy to install. I put these on a pair of Klein lineman pliers that belonged to my grandfather. The pliers were made around 1916. I wish they were made a little longer for other types of pliers.
- These were great replacement for the worn cracked handle grips on my 25 year old Klein lineman’s pliers. They still worked great with the exception of one handle grip was completely off and the other was completely cracked. I only wish they were blue.
- These have been a favorite since seeing them on a friends Father’s Kleins years ago. They provide a good grippy texture for pulling and twisting without being too tacky or sticky so they slide easily in and out of tool pouches and work pants pockets. They do take a bit of effort to install but it’s worth it because they stay put and are extremely durable. Soak them open end down in very hot (not boiling) water and quickly push them on as far as you can by hand then tap them home with a hammer.
- I have had a set of these handles on my Klein pliers for 20+ years and even though they are worn about half way down they are still holding on and just barely starting to crack. I put a set of these on a pair of Doyle pliers I got at HF and they fit just like the ones on my Kleins. Fantastic handles that last a LONG time.
- They are great handles. They last alot longer then the original handles. They make the pliers feel thicker which I like but that’s personal preference.if you don’t like thick handles they wouldn’t be good. And there not very soft. But they last a long time.