Wera 9 Piece 950 SPKL/9 SZ SAE (Imperial) Hex Key set is designed with Hex-Plus technology to extend the life of Hexagon sockets. Wera Hex-Plus technology prevents the rounding of screws caused by sharp edges of conventional tools gradually wearing the screw head. Hex-Plus tools provide more surface contact transferring up to 20% more torque. Finger protection rubber sleeve with easy-to-grip material ensures comfortable and safe working. Blacklaser hardened blades provide excellent surface and corrosion protection for a long service life. Features ballpoint on long-arm of L-key to insert the tool quickly into screw and work at an angle in confined spaces. Wera’s non-wearing material ensures L-keys stay fixed even after frequent removal. Includes velcro storage pouch. Each L-key is laser engraved with the size of each tool for easy location. Set contains 9 Hex-Plus L-keys : 5/64″, 3/32″, 1/8″, 5/32″, 3/16″, 7/32″, 1/4″, 5/16″ and 3/8″. 9 Piece SAE Hex Key set with storage pouch. Wera Hex-Plus technology prevents rounding of screw recess and transfers up to 20% more torque. Rubber sleeve with easy-to-grip material ensures comfortable and safe working
- L-keys for recessed Hex screws
- Hex ballpoint on the long arm
- L-keys are color coded for quick identification
- Set contains 9 sizes: 5/64″, 3/32″, 1/8″, 5/32″, 3/16″, 7/32″, 1/4″, 5/16″ and 3/8″
-1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- I’ve been eyeballing these for over a year. The mailman dropped them off, I took them straight into my garage and opened them up. First I thought I was missing one as there is an empty slot in the pouch??? The pouch isn’t labeled so this is a “slap the American Allen wrenches in whatever we have laying around” approached (Metric set comes with nice embossed rubber holder and no empty spots). Anyway, I looked around the garage for an Allen screw and found a 1/8″ Allen screw retaining a cable end on a small come-a-long. Put it in, gave it a twist and the Wera snapped right off in the Allen head. I was applying maybe 3/4 the force you would get with a typical 1/8″ Allen before it strips out the screw. I put my old Craftsman in the same hole and it took the Allen right out. Don’t get me wrong the Allen was tight but the Wera shouldn’t have snapped. Next problem, unlike most Allen wrenches you can’t just cut off a little bit to essentially get a brand Allen wrench but the Wera are round shank and you can’t do this. I went online and read the warranty and L-wrenches are considered consumables by them and have no warranty……..
- Commercial business owner and allen keys are the most frequently used tools in my bag so I’ve been looking for the best I could find. Decided on both a metric and imperial set of the Wera and they’re definitely the best I’ve ever used. Strong, comfy grip and very hard steel. They feel like they’re going to stand the test of time. I had a question as soon as I received them, emailed Wera from their website and received an email within a couple hours not only answering my question, but going way above and beyond to help!
- I’ve gotten quite a few “stripped” (by other keys) set screws out with these and always consider putting them back because it’s so effortless as long as you have a Hex+ set on hand.
- These are the best hex keys on the market. I can’t see paying more for PB Swiss or other euro brand. Color coded and very helpful. Very cleanly produced. The company I work for is a heavy manufacturer of domestic iron body valves, nearly all of our hand tools are Wera. Says a lot when the tool of choice for a company with 160+ years in business. Sure there are domestic tools being used, such combination wrenches and sockets, but the precision stuff is usually touched by an import euro-brand tool.
- Very nicely made tool with good strength and reliability. I’ve tortured these things (including the 1/8 inch size) with no breakage. After some heavy use over several weeks, all edges (ball end included) look new. These are worth the money.
- Nice tools, good quality, good design. What more can you ask? Color coding is nice. Made of good quality hardened tool-steel. Not the cheapest but if you know the difference, you don’t mind spending a little more for quality tools. It makes your job easier and yields better end results. I am quickly becoming sold on Wera.
- Love the product. Wish it had a rubber/plastic hinged case like every other L key from wera, but it gets the rushed job because it’s the imperial set. Having the option to pick the cloth case or the rubber case would be nice. Not enough to dock a point, amazing keys.
- Nice well made tools, doesn’t have 7/64 or 9/64, also Wera apparently doesn’t offer these sizes to match this set. Purchased what I needed in stainless.