RION 4 piece tool kit for Macbook Air/ Pro with Retina display. This kit includes two screwdrivers, one helper stick . 5 Point screwdriver applied for opening the back panel screws. 6 Point screwdriver applied for taking off the battery and fan screws. Can be applied for Macbook air as well as Macbook pro with Retina display. Material: chrominm molybdenum vanadium steel. Pay attention: It is not suitable for Macbook retina pro late 2013 and 2012 Macbook Pro.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- This kit includes two screwdrivers, one helper stick
- 5 Point screwdriver for opening the back panel screws
- 6 Point screwdriver for taking off the battery and fan screws
- Can be applied for Macbook air as well as Macbook pro with Retina display
-#19,319 in Automotive (See Top 100 in Automotive) #140 in Screwdrivers
-0.48 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- I bought this as it was the recommended item to go with my keyboard replacement on a MacBook Air (mid 2011), model A1369. I incorrectly assumed it would have everything I needed.My first issue with this product is the pentalobe screwdriver for the external cover, it was not “snug” and required a bit more strength to use and not rout out the screws, nonetheless, it worked.Imagine my surprise when I was unable to move forward with the instructions because I was missing the Torx T9 screwdriver to remove the screen (required to safely remove the mainboard). I had to leave the item disarmed and run out to get the required tools.
- I bought these tools to upgrade the SSD in my Mac Book Pro Retina, and later decided to upgrade the thermal paste on the CPU…all of the videos appear to have been for the 15-inch monitor with dedicated graphics.Everything went great with the SSD, and then next to the heat sink…4 of 5 screws worked great, the 5th was a regular, yet very small, Phillips screw.So works great for the SSD, might want to check out the larger kit if you want to replace the thermal paste at the same time.Great quality and appearance.
- This worked perfectly for opening the back of my Dell XPS 15. These feel nice in the hand and spin very smoothly. If you need a T5 Torx, for the price, this is probably your best bet on Amazon.
- Straight out of the box, this screw set was non functional. I tried to use it on my MacBook Pro , and realized as I turned the screw driver, the bit at the bottom was not turning. I pulled out the bit, the adhesive inside the screw driver is missing . These things are a joke, and were a complete waste of time. Don’t purchase.
- I have a late-2014 retina MBP, and I needed to open the back, and didn’t have the fine tools to open it up. This tool was GREAT. Slighty magnetized so it helped me get the screws out well. Didn’t realize how dirty the fans got after 3 years!Definitely recommend these tools. They were pretty good quality for the money. Even comes with the plastic pryer (don’t need it if you just want to clean up the inside)
- Initially they felt nice to use and I got MOST of the way through disassembling a Macbook Air. Then the bit just started spinning in place. Lifted the driver up and the bit came right out. No snap, so breakage, the bit was just apparently glued in or something and the glue was thin and cheap. Unusable and unwilling to super glue it in. Returning.
- Because the screwdriver’s head is inserted into the handle by a circular hole (instead of a hexagonal one, which the head is designed for), the handle has little grip on it, making the tool practically unusable. When I try to unscrew a tight screw, the handle turns while the head of the screwdriver stays still. I’m going to end up superglueing the head into the handle just to be able to use it, which is workable but highly inconvenient. I would recommend finding a properly designed screwdriver to buy instead.
- I needed these for my toolkit of mobile computer repair. They do the job well. I serviced a bunch of Macbook Air laptops for a company that was upgrading the SSD capacity. I opened about 30 of them using these tools, and they haven’t stripped or broken.