Size:100mm (4in) Product Description The IRWIN VISE-GRIP Original Long Nose Locking Pliers with Wire Cutter is ideal for precision work with a long, straight nose that provides a secure grip in narrow and hard-to-reach areas. Constructed of high-grade, heat-treated alloy steel for maximum toughness and durability, these pliers tighten, clamp, twist and turn with hardened teeth designed to grip from any angle. Pressure can be adjusted to fit work and stay adjusted for repetitive use. Includes a convenient wire cutter for even more versatility. Backed by the IRWIN Lifetime Guarantee. From the Manufacturer The Irwin Tools 1602L3- 4LN Orignal Long Nose 4″ / 100 mm Locking Plier is a 4-Inch Long Nose Plier. The Irwin 4LN comes with a wire cutter. The 4LN’s long, straight nose provides easy access in narrow, hard-to-reach places.The Irwin Long Nose Pliers are ideal tightening, clamping, twisting and turning. Features: Long, straight nose provides easy access in narrow, hard-to-reach places. Ideal for precision work and hobbies Ideal for tightening, clamping, twisting and turning Turn screw to adjust pressure and fit work. Stays adjusted for repetitive use Constructed of high-grade heat-treated alloy steel for maximum toughness and durability Guarded release trigger quickly unlocks and protects from accidental release Hardened teeth are designed to grip from any angle What’s In the Box: Irwin 4LN 4-Inch Long Nose Plier Wire Cutter. The country of origin of the item is China.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Long, straight nose provides a secure grip in narrow and hard-to-reach areas
- Hardened teeth grip from any angle to tighten, clamp, twist, and turn precision work
- Turn screw to adjust pressure and fit work and stay adjusted for repetitive use
- Constructed of high-grade heat-treated alloy steel for durability
-#21,245 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #16 in Vise Grips & Locking Pliers
-2.08 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Says on the package that it was made to Irwin specs in Taiwan. You can tell when you handle it that it’s not well made. There is play in the bearings that makes it a bit sloppy. The back side of the jaws are not rounded so be careful or it will cut you. Cutting corners by not making them? It’s much more difficult to use than my old US made tool that looks like it but is 40 years old. There is little friction on the adjusting screw so it will not stay put – it’s always backing out, so if you grip something just right, let it go, then grip it again it’s loose. That makes it really hard to find just the right amount of pinch to do the job and not mash the object. If you don’t plan on using it much then it’s probably ok. If you rely on your tools, spend the extra money and get something better.
- Cheaply made and feels junky..not the same quality they used to be. I read the reviews that said the same before purchasing, but couldn’t imagine the quality could be that inferior. I’m replacing one that is quite old, and even covered with old grease the older one feels of much higher quality. The fact that they are charging prices that suggest American made is enough to make me decide to not ever again purchase anything made by this company.
- The price is good. It looks and functions like a cheap Chinese tool… Because it is. The tension screw hangs up at every revolution. The jaws are misaligned. The casting is crude. The finish is rough. Even the stamped product name… THE COMPANY BRAND is ugly.These are the last new vice grips I’ll buy. It’s a sad commentary that used tools are truly worth more than brand new.
- Pliers are misaligned.. disappointing
- As others have noted, the product is not as good as it used to be. I won’t buy again
- When I clamp the end down on a screw, etc. and then twist, the two jaw pieces are too loose: they twist around one another and slips off. The jaws are on enough of an angle it i try to grab more of the screw, etc. it doesn’t grab anything. Honestly I don’t understand what this tool was designed to do or why it was made as it was.
- I received my 4 inch long nose pliers yesterday and it looked just like the USA made 4 piece set I got years ago. However, when went to use them they were stiff. The spring could not open the jaws. After oiling the pivot points several times they still would not work as they should. Sent them back today. Maybe one bad unit or poor quality control? Might try another pair.
- This is a worthy replacement for my original 4-inch Vise-Grip pliers, that wore out after 40 years of use and abuse. The locking action of the new tool is smooth and solid. The jaws are well aligned and slightly longer, by 3/16 inch than the original. A nice improvement is that the inside-ends of the jaws are knurled rather than simply grooved, so retention of small round parts, such as dowel pins, is much better. Not sure where all the prior negative reviews came from, but they don’t apply to the current product offering.