Size:1-(Pack) Product Description The GEARWRENCH E-Torx sockets are heat treated for added strength and durability. The hard stamped markings make identifying sizes Quick and easy. Provided with the sockets is a socket rail that includes clips for all 13 pieces within the set. From the Manufacturer The KD Tools 13-Piece 1/4-Inch, 3/8-Inch, and 1/2-Inch Drive External Torx Socket Set includes E4, E5, E6, E7, E8, E10, E12, E14, E16, E18, E20, E22, and E24 Torx sockets. The sockets have heat-treated bases for maximum durability and utilize a patented bit holding system that forces the bit surface to the opposing side for maximum retention and strength. These tools are packaged in an impact-resistant slide rail system for easy socket storage. KD Tools backs them with a lifetime warranty. What’s in the Box E4, E5, E6, E7, E8, E10, E12, E14, E16, E18, E20, E22, and E24 1/4-inch, 3/8-inch, and 1/2-inch drive Torx sockets with storage rail.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Heat treated for durability
- Black oxide coating
- Hard stamped markings provide quick size identification
- Use with hand ratchets or breaker bars
-#30,351 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #104 in Individual Drive Sockets
-1.9 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
-Item can be shipped within U.S.
-This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- I like that this set includes so many sizes and that it includes the multi drive size socket rail so I can keep track of all of these with out buying 3 separate socket rails. Mostly I intend to use one size when doing work on my disk brakes but I have the rest in case I need to work on the lower control arms for the front suspension or other fasteners.I intend to update this review after use. It might be the case that the E-Torx style socket with the more beveled end has a tighter fit to the fasteners that Dodge used at the Belvidere, Illinois factory to assemble my carI figured this style might allow more contact surface with the bottom edge of this type of bolt head which would give a better grip and result in less wear on the fastener.
- Gearwench has done it again! At first I was a little skeptical about buying the set cause I was doing a lot of research and I found lots of different brands and most of them seem like they may be a better option just because of quality reasons. However I found that the prices were quite a bit different. For instance snap-on had a set that was roughly 200 to 300 dollars. Mac and matco had a set that was a little cheaper but ultimately they were chrome sockets that looked like they weren’t going to hold up. I can’t verify the quality since I never used their brands for this type of tool but I wasn’t paying that much money for sockets I would not need everyday. So after compiling my ideas and research of what I should do I decided that I would give the set a try since it was only $35. I’ve probably used it a handful times since I bought it and honestly I’ve taken crank pulley bolts off with them I removed fasteners that were pretty tight with an impact and they do show signs of wear but they still work fine. I would definitely recommend somebody buying this set I myself have bought two since a fellow co-worker of mine liked the set and wanted one. But ultimately I couldn’t be happier with my purchase because even though I can’t really warranty them on the truck I still feel as though they will hold up long enough that I’ll never ever need to really worry about it.
- These are quality sockets but they have thicker walls than normal sockets (similar to impact rated sockets), and may not fit in tight spaces. I bought these to change out the front wheel bearing on a Saab 9-5 Aero. I could not get the socket to fit on the bearing bolt heads as it was pretty close to the axle assembly. A regular thin walled socket would have worked. These didn’t help me at all in this case. Just something to think about.
- Many of my tools are Hazet or Stahwille because I believe in buying high quality tools. Having already purchased a bunch of new tools, I was looking to save a little money. I’ve used Gearwrench tools in the past and they’ve always been good quality so I tried this Torx set. They don’t have the jewel-like finish of a Hazet set, but they also cost 1/4 as much. Given the cost savings, they are a great value. I haven’t put any major torque on them, but Gearwrench has already been reliable in the past so I trust these will do whatever I ask of them.
- I read some conflicting information on the forums about the group of companies and brands associated with GearWrench products. To clarify, the GearWrench brand is owned by parent company Apex Tool Group and this set is made in Taiwan. Tools made in Taiwan are generally of better quality than tools made in China. Other hand tool brands under Apex Tool Group include Crescent, Armstrong, Nicholson, Lufkin, Jacobs, HKP, Jobox, Allen, Delta, Plumb, and Diamond. Some of the brands under this group are of high quality, others are of cheap quality so it’s mixed. The GearWrench brand is considered a higher quality import brand. I still prefer US, German, or made in Japan tools vs. anything made in China or Taiwan, but this particular torx set appears to be of decent quality, and I can make an exception to my usual selection of premium tools since I don’t use torx nearly as often as other tools.
- I work on a lot of Rotax engines for SeaDoo so these are a must! It seems like E sockets are becoming more and more popular. Although I am not a big fan of this type of fastener head these sockets are dead on. Rather than spending 3-4 times as much on a Snap-On, Matco, etc set these are the same quality (probably the exact same ones really) and work great. The rail they come on holds on to the sockets nicely when not in use and they don’t ever fall off. The black coating is exceptional and only starting to wear off on the socket I use most often but is only the coating. Not a single complaint here, and these will last a very long time.
- Excellent socket set. As a professional technician working on primarily European cars, I use these everyday. I have had years of good use out of these sockets already and they never skip a beat. What a great value. They perform just as well as many more expensive socket sets.I would buy these again in a heartbeat.
- While new, the product I received appeared to have been returned based on the scotch tape and staple holding the cover on. It was shipped in an envelope that allowed a lot of movement in transport resulting in what you see in the photos.5 stars for the product, 2 stars for the shipping and handling.