Size:3/16″ EKLIND TOOL COMPANY is America’s leading manufacturer of high quality, industrial grade hex keys, made with pride in the U.S.A. since 1950. The EKLIND 51612 3/16 Inch Cushion Grip Hex T-Handle T-Key allen wrench meets the most stringent requirements of professional mechanics, tradespeople, do-it-yourselfers and hobbyists.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- MADE IN AMERICA- High quality, Industrial Grade Professional Tools made in the U.S.A.
- Shaft Length=6in, Handle Width=4in
- EKLIND hex keys (allen wrenches) are used to drive internal hexagon socket (allen head) fasteners
- OPTIMUM STRENGTH- These EKLIND tools are made with EKLIND Alloy Steel that is heat treated, quenched and tempered for optimum strength, torque and ductility for safety and coated with a rust resistant finish
-#33,180 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #95 in Hex Keys
-2.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Purchased this specifically to do work on a SCAR 17s pistol grip, worked wonderfully – see the attached photo.
- Although a bit larger than what I needed, for the price – I couldn’t pass it up. I lost the Allen wrench that came with my quick-release plate for my tripod set up (used to tighten the quick release base plate to the camera) — so I was hoping to save a few dollars and buy the right sized wrench as opposed to the one made especially for the ball-head’s QR plate. It is essentially the same thing, and with the large handle it makes it ideal for snugging up the base plate to the camera. Again, it is a bit large and takes up more real estate in my camera bag — but maybe I won’t loose it so easily this time. 🙂 By the way, another reviewer stated his said made in China – this Eklind states right on the handle: USA, like the description says.
- I’m going to hope that this hex key was an anomaly and that Eklind’s tooling was off for a day. At first sight, this looks like a decent tool. Good simple design, nice coating on the handle. However, it was out of spec. When I tried to use for the purpose I purchased, it would not fit, it is too large. Just to confirm I had purchased the correct size. I measured it with digital calipers, and it measured 0.098″, while it should have measured 0.093″. I measured two other hex keys from my collection for comparison, and both measured 0.093″, one of which was also an Eklind brand, although a standard, non t-handle version. Amazon states this item is non-returnable, but I still send an email to ask for a refund…I guess we’ll see.
- Bought this as a tool for taking off AR 15 pistol grips, this is the right size and is long enough to fit down the hadle, price is right and would buy again but given the quality will most likely never have too.
- This was ordered to fit the single knob shower fixture to tighten the handle (and remove/replace the cartridge) but it isn’t strong enough to get a good tight hold down on the internal screw and I’m afraid it will break or bend. Sorry, just didn’t work for us.
- Use it to tighten connections between brass tracks on a G-scale Garden Railway. Works great! Best of all, when I set it down in the dirt, I can find it again. Haven’t used it long enough to rate durability, but what’s to break?
- I can’t believe these guys are allowed to build tools!NO SERIOUSLY … it’s awesome. Well made, strong and durable.I do a lot of work with smaller Allen Screws. These are long, the rubberized handle is nice and it’s easy to read the size info.I wish I could afford a whole set.
- Needed a 3/16 Allen wrench. This is exactly what I needed. The length and especially the comfortable handle made the job of adjusting the treadmill belt much easier. Very glad I ordered this.