Style:Regular Pliers Product Description The IRWIN VISE-GRIP Diagonal Cutting Pliers are constructed of durable nickel chromium steel with an induction-hardened cutting edge that stays sharper longer than traditional cutting edges. These pliers are fitted with non-slip ProTouch grips for increased comfort and reduced hand fatigue. Backed by the IRWIN Lifetime Guarantee, they meet or exceed ANSI specifications. From the Manufacturer The IRWIN Vise-Grip 2078308 – 8″ Diagonal Cutting Pliers have an induction hardened cutting edge that stays sharper, longer. The Pliers also have ProTouch grips that have molded handles for comfort and create less hand fatigue. All pliers meet or exceed ANSI specification.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Durable nickel chromium steel construction
- ProTouch grips provide extra comfort and reduces hand fatigue
- Induction hardened cutting edge stays sharper, longer
- Meets or exceeds ANSI specifications
-#3,650 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #4 in Side-Cutting Pliers
-12.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- There’s a lot of guys on here who really don’t put their tools through their paces and that will be mean the difference between a positive experience and a less-than-stellar experience for all the other fellas. I work in a late model automotive recycling yard, my tools are my bread and butter. There are tools in my arsenal that get used every day, all day. Diagonal cutters are definitely one of them. I had lost a pair of Knipex 8″ high leverage angled cutters and figured these would do the job. I was wrong. After only 6 weeks on the job, they had grown so dull, they couldn’t even cut through a small coolant reservoir hose. I could feel the rubber pushing back on the cutters as I pinched with all my force saying, “You must be thisss sharp to cut me.” There’s a reason they’re cheaper. Let’s just hope the hold their end of the bargain on the warranty. I like Irwin’s tool selection but these are simply not professional grade. Stick with higher end brands. I’m going back to my German pliers.
- I chose these cutters because the cutting surfaces go all the way to the hinge area. Most other cutters have a small gap at the bottom edge of the cutter … so small wires get into the gap … and don’t get cut. It was frustrating, because you have to take the time to line up the wire to avoid the gap. But with these Irwins, you just slide the wire in … and snip! Saves alot of time!
- I bought these to cut faux flower stems because I got sick of having to ask my husband to cut them with my little wimpy cutters. These work wonderfully and I can cut the thickest wire stems by myself.
- Sturdy, perfect for what I wanted them for. I used these to cut up plastic covered wire hangers to make cheap blocking wires for hand knit items. I know, a strangely specific use for the cutters. However, they have a nice heft to them, and were easy enough to use without overly straining myself. The handles are comfortable to hold, though I never use them for more than a few minutes at a time to snip through a couple wires. The cuts are very clean and didn’t need much smoothing, which is also a perk.Very sharp, easy to use, and a decent price point make these a nice purchase to have around if you’re cutting any heavy duty wires. Would be useful for multi media crafts people as well!
- I bought these diagonal pliers specifically to use for doing electrical work. They do a pretty good job of cutting through 12g. romex, all the wires not just individually though it takes a little bit of arm strength to do so. They cut through individual 12g solid copper wires with ease. The cutting edge isn’t perfect, but works plenty good for the purposes I use them for, I supposed with a file you could easily put a much better edge on rather quickly. I liked them enough that this is in fact a second pair of them to keep permanently in my electrical toolbox and keep the other pair in my regular box. I own a bunch of the irwin vise grip line of pliers and have had no issues with the handles coming off and in fact I find them a nice addition for comfort, looks and ease of finding in a pile of stuff. I took one star off just for the minor edge quality and alignment, but to be honest for the price I am not sure they shouldn’t be 5 stars!
- This is my 2nd pair Just last week I was working on a Motor home electric system No A/C no fans about 120 degrees inside the unit Got everything done A/C working and all the outlets I hurry up and grab what I thought was all my tools And low and behold I left the cutter’s in a sealed up compartment under the bed I don’t like buying tools over again unless they break These are very good cutter well worth the money So this time I didn’t mind buying again knowing I’m getting a quality tool
- Awesome cutting pliers, I use cutting pliers weekly, for making floral arrangments, cutting floral wire, etc.The cost of this item is very reasonable compared to my local Hardware Store prices, plus this productfeels great in your hand, has a nice grip, and very easy to use.
- Have used different off brands of wire cutter’s and these provide a decent cut to wire weld fencing I’m modifying. Used on 14 gauge wire on down to narrower wires, Works fine. Only negative to myself is “Made in China. thus 4 stars.