Color:standart With the 25 Piece Socket Set, you can be sure you have the right tool for the job. The set includes a variety of sockets as well as a ratchet, extension and adapter. The sockets include DirectTorque technology to help prevent rounding of fasteners and to provide better grip.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- DirectTorque Technology
- Polished chrome vanadium finish
- Knurled control ring
- Hard stamped markings
-#27,941 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #24 in Socket & Socket Wrench Sets
-3.25 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- This is a great set! Regardless of price, that’s just an added benefit. I love Dewalts thicker handles (i already had the 3/8 and 1/2 inch drive sets) on the rachet, gives comfort for all day use. Especially on cold days when the arthritis is acting up, you don’t have to close your hand as thightly. This also helps when you have to really torque down on a bolt to break it free (something you’re not really doing with a 1/4in drive, I know). Gear tooth is great, and tight grabs with very little movement, so it’s great in tight places. Although i haven’t put my mic or calipers on the sockets, just visually and feel in the hand they are thicker than most sets. I don’t hesitate to put them on an impact (we all do it) even though they aren’t impact grade. That’s not to say I’d feel comfortable with a really stubborn/rusty nut.I really like the storage tray that comes with the case. It is a bit bulky, but works great for initially getting it into your box (in fact I’m still using it) without the added expense of another socket organizer. I only wish my 3/8 and 1/2 came with them (they do now, I bought those sets a few years ago, before that feature.)I’ve broken free nuts at work with my 3/8in drive that had just made my coworkers 1/2in drive Huskey and later Kobalt rachets “explode” apart.Are they as good as an American made “truck” brand (ie. Snap-on, Matco, Mac, Cornwell…etc..)? Honestly, I don’t know. I do like (and have had other coworkers jealous) the feel of the rachets, and at 1/5 of the cost of those truck brands they are worth a shot.As far as other “cheap” tawain made brands, Dewalt can’t be beat (in my opinion) the cost, the quality, the storage tray options…..just great!I’m a Fabricator/Welder. Admittedly I don’t have a wrech/rachet in my hand all day, like a mechanic does. But for as often as i do, these do MORE, than just fine!Ps. I’m adding a review a qucik review of the wrenchs as well (again already had those along with the 1/2in and 3/8in drive rachet sets.) The wrenchs work as wrenchs do, the thing I really like about the Dewalts is that they are a bit longer than normal, giving that added torque. My 10mm wrench (which 9 times out of ten the wrench that’s in my hand, when I have a wrench in my hand) is the length of most 13mm wrenchs. All of the wrenchs are longer than norm, that can be a bit of a problem in tight spaces, but 90% of the time it’s just added comfort and torque.I honestly don’t have any bad things to say about Dewalt brand hand tools.For someone who isn’t a professional mechanic, or someone just starting out in the trade, to get a full set of 1/4in 3/8in 1/2in drive rachet sets wrenchs both standard and metric for under $500! Even if you later, upgrade to “truck” brands, Dewalt wouldn’t be a wasted investment.
- Happy with the set overall for the price, the ratchet is a little small in hand which makes it feel less than solid – the soft rubberised handles like on the Teng tools ones are nicer to use IMHO.The button on the ratchet to release the socket and direction switch are both very low profile/thin. Both of these feel odd for this type of tool and make it feel a bit too lightweight and somewhat flimsy, although it seems pretty solid to use.I’m not sure why the box for this set is so huge, there’s hardly anything in it – it would easily fit a space half the size. Personally I’d have preferred a smaller portal box, but I understand this set is designed specifically to be used with a modular tool chest – so the inner tray lifts out to fit in the drawers.
- Handy for small jobs and comes in a nice case so you don’t have to search thru your tool box for sockets
- Tools, five stars, no question, really like them. The tool case, four stars, WAY to big for a 1/4 drive socket set. it is larger than some 3/8 drive sets I have had. Just takes up a lot of space.
- Always looking for a small drive and never could find one. I got one now. The kids better not put their greasy meat hooks on this set.
- Really a nice, solid tool kit. I like that these kits can connect and carry smaller sets together so I don’t have to carry a 200+ piece kit around the house. Inserts can be removed from the cases to put them into a larger tool drawer.
- VERY nice set! Dewalt quality for sure. The only thing I wish it had was a hand driver. This replaced my old Craftsman driver sets that were in two separate boxes. Much easier when SAE and Metric are all together.
- I have several of these Dewalt sets for my work trailer. No complaints with any of them. Ratchets work well, sockets are easy to read and everything stays put. I was worried about cracking the lid (everything on the job site gets USED AND ABUSED) but no issues at all