The TEKTON 1/2 in. Drive x 35 mm Deep Impact Socket is engineered for use with impact drivers. It has a 6-point opening that snugly fits the hex shape of fastener heads, allowing it to apply maximum torque without slipping. To prevent round-off under stress, it grips the flat sides of fastener heads rather than the corners. Easy to read even in low light, the large, high-contrast size marking is permanently laser etched into the steel surface. The through-hole in the drive end locks onto the tang of impact wrenches or drivers so it won’t fall off or stick on fastener heads. To protect against rust and corrosion, the black phosphate finish absorbs and holds oil, repelling moisture.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Engineered for use with impact drivers
- High-torque, 6-point opening grips flat sides of fasteners, not corners, preventing round-off
- Extra-deep broach accommodates longer fasteners
- Large, high-contrast size marking is permanently laser etched and easy to read, even in low light
-#23,614 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #34 in Triple Square Drive Sockets
-1.46 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
-Item can be shipped within U.S.
-This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- This is the socket to get if you need to remove an axle nut on most Toyota trucks and SUVs. I was able to remove an axle nut on my FJ cruiser. The deep reach allows it to clear the spline of the axle and maintain a tight grip on the nut. This is essential if you’re needing to do any in depth wheel or suspension work.Highly recommend.
- I have used this a few times since purchasing it, and I have to say, this is quality at a great price. no damage to the inside with heavy forces exerted on it. This helped me pop a few axel nuts off with no problem. I had a Harbor Freight (Horrible Fright!) socket crack right in half, and this one handled it no problem.
- The spindle protrudes thru the nut a long way and this 6 point socket is very good quality .Works very well with an impact driver.
- Definitely recommend purchasing this socket that you will need when replacing your Hub Assembly on an 03 Trailblazer.Without the add on recommendation when buying the hub that I needed, I would have been in a pickle of a time if I did not buy it.I may never use it again, but it was worth the few dollars as I did not have one on hand to get the job done. Unfortunately it will now sit inmy tool box for who knows how long. Just glad I bought it and would highly recommend you buy it as well if it fits your application.
- I bought this to take the nut off the axle shaft of a 2001 Chevy Impala. I will likely only use this socket once every other year (if that) for auto repairs and this low-cost socket does the trick. It worked great for me on the job I needed it for. The quality is better than the sockets you can buy/rent at the chain auto parts stores.If I was a mechanic and using this every day, I would probably buy a socket with a lifetime warranty from one of the US made tool suppliers, but for occasional work, this is great.
- Bought this for when I may need it. Used once and it worked great. Tekton tools are great quality tools for the price.
- Perfect fit for changing the Front Hub Assembly on a 2007 trailblazer. I have always liked Tekton and this socket is deep enough and not too thick allowing to fit perfectly where it was intended. I expect this will only get used once every few years but it was cheaper to buy this and do it myself than to take it in.
- This fits the axle nut on both my ’01 Chevy S10 and my wifes ’07 Chevy Malibu. Under $15 and allows me to do hub assembly replacement myself.Good luck breaking the axle nut off though. Reccomend getting a long piece of pipe to put over your wrench or using a breaker bar. I had to have a local mechanic break the nut loose and then re-tighten it so I could remove it at home.Don’t forget to use the proper torque when reassembling everything.