1/2″ Drive 84 Tooth Locking Flex Head Teardrop Ratchet 24″. 84 Tooth Full Polish Chrome Handle Ratchet.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 84 Tooth Full Polish Chrome Handle Ratchet
- Color: Black
- Manufactured in Taiwan
-#39,680 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #104 in Socket Wrenches
-2.85 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Nice and simple design and great price. The on/off selector seems like it is very crisp and won’t have a problem moving on it’s own and causing problems. The 84 tooth ratchet drive seems nice and crisp but not clunky. The head of the ratchet seems thinner than my Snap-On 1/2″ drive ratchet but I haven’t checked. My only complaint would be that the flex head is a bit loose, which seems to be hit or miss with Gearwrench’s flex head stuff. I have a set of flex head ratchet wrenches and some are very tight and some are very loose. Sometimes it bothers me and sometimes it doesn’t. For the price, I’m not too bothered by it. They remedy this with the locking flex head mechanism on this tool. It may be possible to swap in a heavier spring that’ll give the flex head a more crisp, click to it’s motion; I’d like to look into this a bit more but otherwise it seems to be a great tool.
- This 24” 1/2”drive ratchet makes me feel young again. It’s great… Another review about using a product on my G8. I bought this when I rebuilt the suspension mainly when I was doing the rear subframe inserts. The 14mm bolts had so much locktite on them from the factory. It took heat and this long ratchet to work them out. Another fine product from gear wrench. With me being a weekend warrior I don’t need or can I afford tools from the tool truck’s
- When the ratchet is used in a vertical position the “on” lever moves partway towards the middle position partially nearer to the “off” position- when this occurs it starts reverse ratcheting the other way i.e. in the “off” position.
- My original order was fast but it failed on the second job something was wrong with the gears so seller asked me to ship back at their expense it took a few weeks but i got it back and works greatBeen using it daily mainly on drain plugs for semi tractors which i still need to add a pipe so i dont bust my knuckles but over all works greatIts on the heavy side but thats what you get when you are working with heavy equipmentMight have been a lemon but they made it good
- I’m a professional mechanic. Tool quality matters. This flex-head ratchet is well worth it’s cost, which is much less than the same tool from the big name manufacturers. It will get the jobs done well until you trade it in for that Snap-On ratchet. Once you tighten the flex-head bolt to your liking it’s a very strong and durable tool. GearWrench makes good quality tools. I have a set of their original gear-wrenches and standard combination wrenches and now this ratchet. All of which have performed to my expectations.
- The ratchet looks nice. Shipping was fast. Can’t say to how well it works because it wouldn’t ratchet when I took it out of the box. Working on warranty. Will update this review if I get to use it.
- Gos between forward and reverse on its own
- This ratchet is a beast. It’s probably over kill for my ability but it’s better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it….plus it just looks cool in my chest