Product Description The TEKTON 1/2 in. Drive x 36 mm Deep Impact Socket is engineered for use with impact drivers. It has a 6-point opening that snugly fits the hex shape of fastener heads, allowing it to apply maximum torque without slipping. To prevent round-off under stress, it grips the flat sides of fastener heads rather than the corners. Easy to read even in low light, the large, high-contrast size marking is permanently laser etched into the steel surface. The through-hole in the drive end locks onto the tang of impact wrenches or drivers so it won’t fall off or stick on fastener heads. To protect against rust and corrosion, the black phosphate finish absorbs and holds oil, repelling moisture. From the Manufacturer Drop Forged, Heat Treated Chrome Molybdenum Steel, Corrosion-Resistant Black Phosphate Finish, Hole on Socket Locks on to Drive Tang, 6-Point.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Engineered for use with impact drivers
- High-torque, 6-point opening grips flat sides of fasteners, not corners, preventing round-off
- Extra-deep broach accommodates longer fasteners
- Large, high-contrast size marking is permanently laser etched and easy to read, even in low light
-#1,914 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #1 in Triple Square Drive Sockets
-1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
-Item can be shipped within U.S.
-This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- Perfect Fit Nice Finish Rock Strong, I had bought a budget priced socket as I figured I’d only use this once or twice in a lifetime for my daughters Honda Accord Axles nuts, the other socket was supposed to be 36mm but after putting it on the axles the slop was huge, I measured it at 36.9+mm, not something you want to use to break 250-300 fl-lbs of static torque.I immediately ordered the Tekton socket, I have purchased alot of Tekton tools, 3 torque wrenches, numerous extensions, various wrench sets, accessories and on and on and all are perfect. I was waiting outside for the UPS guy to come and put this on the axles nut and it fit perfect, no slop. Used a 1000 ft-lb impact gun to take off those pesky axles nuts that I could not get off after spraying with PB blaster for 3 days, heated up with MAP gas for 15 mins and then even tried a 2 foot breaker bar with a 2 foot long pipe on t, no budge. This socket ate up the torques of my impact and the stuck axle nut with no problems. Had both nuts off in less than 40 seconds.Never again will I care about a few dollars even if I use a tool just once, will stick with Tekton forever.
- I am giving the socket 5 stars because it is of good quality even though it did not fit my application. I will not be an idiot like other people and give it 1 star just because I did not buy the correct item.The special socket needed is called several things. Some companies call it a thin-walled socket. Some call it stepped. I included a picture of what the specialized socket looks like, and you can see how it has less material for it to fit in the abnormal Fiat hubs. I supposed I could always just stick this socket on a lathe to remove some of its material. 😀
- Had to change out my bearings on my 2004 Jeep Wrangler. This 36 MM impact did the trick. Will probably never use it again, 36 MM is rather large unless your a Mechanic are into lots of big repairs, but the price was great, could’t have pulled it off without this socket. I read several reviews and was told to purchase the TEKTON brand, and for whats its worth, I have no complaints.
- So…one of the front wheel bearings in my 3/4 ton Chevy failed way too prematurely and not being one to pay $95.00 an hour to have a shop perform a repair that I’m perfectly capable of doing myself I started tooling up for the fix. This 36mm is needed to remove and replace the axle nut which is torqued from that factory at 177ft-lbs. This socket was more than up to the task! I popped it onto my impact gun, dialed it up to 650ft-lbs and spun that axle nut off like it wasn’t even tight. I used a ratchet and a torque wrench to put the nut back on at the end of the repair. I can’t even tell that the socket was used. Nice, big, heavy, durable and best of all priced for the working man. Don’t hesitate to buy this socket if you find that you’re in need of a big honking socket!
- I shopped at sears and all of my local parts stores to find this socket at an affordable price. At such a low price, I was worried the socket would break easily. I was proven wrong. My son was changing my half shaft and wouldn’t listen to me and use the 1/2″ air impact driver to remove the axle shaft. He decided to use a 1/2″ craftsman breaker bar and put a pipe on the end of the breaker bar for more torque. I was on the other side of the car setting the parts up and I heard an extremely loud snap. I thought the socket was shot. To my surprise, the craftsman breaker snapped completely in half. There wasn’t even a scratch on the socket. I handed him the impact wrench and told him the socket better still work. It worked perfectly. If you need a strong and dependable half shaft socket, I would definitely recommend this socket to any mechanic out there. Very well built and extremely strong. I still can’t believe the socket out perform a craftsman breaker bar.
- I have received an item that is not working properly. I paired this item with my Milwaukee 1/2″ impact wrench but the fit is very loose and wobbly, not firm like my other tekton sockets. I bought a full set of 1/2″ Tekton Sockets that fit Milwaukee’s 1/2″ driver very well. This must have been an used item.
- TEKTON is a pretty solid tool manufacturer as far as their impact sockets go. I cant speak for the rest of their tool lineup, but I would not be hesitant to give them a try when the need arises. I have 2 full impact sets and miscellaneous larger sockets that don’t come in common sets. I have used on lug nuts, axle bolts, rusty and corroded frame bolts, etc., and have had zero issues with these sockets. Check them out, they are very affordable, and would compare to the higher price brands out there.
- great socket for the money. use it just for axle nuts and i havent had a problem yet. for a homeowner this would be great for every once in awhile use or for weekly use in an automotive shop. would recommend to anyone. tekton is really a quality product, completely blew my mind with the quality for the very low price compared to snap on or even gearwrench.