Color:Long Nose Pliers Product Description Features durable nickel chromium steel construction. The ProTouch grips provide extra comfort and reduce hand fatigue. Machined jaws provide maximum gripping strength. Induction hardened cutting edge stays sharp longer. These pliers feature a superior long reach design for work in confined areas. IRWIN Tools VISE-GRIP Long Nose Pliers, 6-Inch (2078216) From the Manufacturer The IRWIN Vise-Grip 2708216 – 6″ Long Nose Pliers have a induction hardened cutting edge that stays sharper, longer. The machined jaws provide maximum gripping strength. The Long Nose Pliers also have ProTouch grips that have molded handles for comfort and create less hand fatigue. All pliers meet or exceed ANSI specifications.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Features durable nickel chromium steel construction
- The ProTouch grips provide extra comfort and reduce hand fatigue
- Machined jaws provide maximum gripping strength. Induction hardened cutting edge stays sharp longer
- These pliers feature a superior long reach design for work in confined areas
-#718 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #1 in Needle-Nose Pliers
-8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- I work on guitars. Some of the strings are as small as 0.07mm and other needle nose pliers do not close completely along the entire length of the spanner. This one closes completely. Held up to light and no light showing through either the spanner or the cutter. Cutter is extremely sharp. Would recommend to anyone who works with small objects.
- They are a solid built set of needle nose and I expect them to last a long time… as long as I don’t loose them. I have been impressed with all of the IRWIN tools I have picked up over the past few years.
- These are some nice little pliers. I’ve been buying more Irwin tools lately because they have a more ergonomic feel. These are really comfortable in my small lady hands. They’re sturdy and precise. I’ve been using them to cut and bend copper wire. I get really nice little loops with these pliers for looping around screws.My only problem is that they’re a little small. That’s not a design flaw; I just should have bought a larger size. And when I decide to get bigger ones, I’ll get the larger model of these for sure.
- When you need to work as a professional, you don’t skimp on your tools to achieve that goal; with Irwin Tools you can get the correct tools at an affordable price and never worry if it will stand up to any competitor.
- These are nice pliers because they are made with enough precision that they close with the jaws actually parallel. There is no gap when closed. Something that cheaper chinese knock-offs can’t say. When I grab something small, I know the pressure I apply is on the part and not the tip of the pliers pressing on the other half of the pliers jaw. The grip is secure and the taper of the nose lets me work more easily in small areas with some small parts.
- Got these to replace some nice older long nose pliers that had been left out in the rain (oops). I was pleasantly surprised at how good these are compared to older ones, as quality in most things has not been going up. After semi-restoring the older ones…now a little loose – the old ones go into secondary tool storage and these become the main squeeze for things sized for this size long-nose pliers.
- Even though made in China, this pair of Irwin long nose pliers is well-made. The nose is ridged on the inside, the points meet perfectly, the plier is made of a strong metal, is warranted by Irwin, and the handles are padded. The padded handles will not protect from electrical shock, so do not use for live wires! The longer nose helps reach where regular pliers will not. Too thick for most jewelry making, these will be a useful addition to the tool box. Fully recommended.
- Fit of the jaws was worse than I expected for this brand. Borderline throw em in the trash.