This item is Dewalt DWHT70273 Fencing Pliers . Used for Handtools & Tool Organizers, Pliers & Cutters. The product is manufactured in Switzerland.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- This item is Dewalt DWHT70273 Fencing Pliers
- Used for Handtools & Tool Organizers, Pliers & Cutters
- The product is manufactured in Switzerland
-#39,101 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #18 in Tongue-and-Groove Pliers
-1.55 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
-This item is available for shipping in the U.S. except for California and to select countries outside the U.S.
-This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- Only 3 stars because I have crescent fencing plyers that I can put the wire between the handles and placing the hammer and claw against the post to pull the wire tight. The DeWalt’s gripping slot between the handles are to far apart to grip the wire. So instead of carrying 2 tools I’ll keep my crescent plyers and return the DeWalt.
- I expected everything except the gigantic size. I have medium sized women’s hands, and very long fingers, and I cannot open these with my hands. My full finger span from tip of middle finger to tip of thumb is 8″. These are DEFINITELY man sized, and a man with large hands too.That said, the quality is great, and they are heavy and solid (which also isn’t the best for my use, these weigh more than a hammer). But… I managed to cut a twisted barbed wire with both hands squeezing (and a hand on each handle to get it apart to fit the wire in the slot). Did I mention these are HUGE? Maybe they were designed for a giant’s hands. Hrm. I know there are men with hands my size or smaller.If you have BIG hands, you will love this. If you don’t, you probably won’t.
- I have used a lot of different fence pliers. These are the best ones so far. This is my second pair. Lost last pair in the pasture along the fence line. Grass is to high to find them. Will find them in the winter.
- I’m a big fan of DeWalt power tools and had little experience with their hand tools. The quality of these fencing pliers matches the quality I’ve come to expect from DeWalt’s power tools. The steel is hard, cuts cleanly and easily, and hasn’t shown any signs of wear despite being brutalized with a 5lb hammer on occasion.
- the reason I only gave 3 stars is because on Amazon it is stated that they are made in Switzerland while they are actually made in China as stated on the package.They do carry a limited lifetime warranty, but I have not used them enough to be able to give a valid assessment, it mostly depends on how well the center pin holds up.It would take a couple years of use to really assess ow good they are..
- The product itself is ok. The only major problem i have with it, is the fence gripper at the bottom between the handles is too wide. That gap needs to be closed up to around a 1/16th to make them work properly. Other than that they work great.
- This is a decent set of fencing pliers. I use my Titanium Stiletto Hammer for sinking staples. These have a milled grove face that mars the posts and I don’t like hammering with pliers anyways. You can use them for hammering 1-10 staples in a repair, but for any more than that I would definitely recommend taking a hammer.The metal is not hardened I suspect. I noticed that from hammering the face to set the hook in underneath staples that I needed to pull, resulted in the milled grooves flattening out. Not sure why they would use a soft metal. The other functions on the pliers work great. Cutting wire, pulling wire, twisting and prying all work well. The handles are comfortable and stay on. Overall a decent set from DeWalt that I think consistently makes 5 star worthy tools.
- Very well made and versatile tool. I have never worked on wire fencing in my life, but these have proven useful in a variety of different applications. I love them for removing wire mesh from tile mortar. Grip and rip or using the pry to loosen the mesh from the 2x4s.