Size:9-Piece Set (5/64″ to 1/4″) Product Description Eklind 20911 Standard 9pc Fold-Up Hex Key Set 5/64″ to 1/4″ From the Manufacturer The Eklind 20911, Fold-Up Set #91 comes with 5/64-Inch, 3/32-Inch, 7/64-Inch, 1/8-Inch, 9/64-Inch, 5/32-Inch, 3/16-Inch, 7/32-Inch, and 1/4-Inch Hex Keys. The set of keys is housed in a one-Piece comfort grip handle designed to operate smoothly as well as hold the keys firmly in any desired work position.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- MADE IN AMERICA- High quality, Industrial Grade Professional Tools made in the U.S.A.
- Contains INCH Sizes: 5/64, 3/32, 7/64, 1/8 , 9/64, 5/32, 3/16, 7/32, & 1/4
-#6,279 in Industrial & Scientific (See Top 100 in Industrial & Scientific) #62 in Hex Keys
-11.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- I bought this as well as the metric version as a backup to a very well used set of allen keys. Little did I realize, my original set was made by the same company.When I saw this item, it’s price and “Made In USA” I immediately put it in the cart. I did not need it, I already have a 30 year old set that works just fine. Yet somehow, even after opening the package and putting it in my tool box I still feel compelled to buy another set because it’s such a great value.Overall the product is much heavier and more “American Steel” feeling than I anticipated – and I knew I was buying an American Made product. The design is almost identical to the original set with some differences. The older set appears to have a chrome finish while these appear to have a zinc plated finish (I could be wrong – after all the old set is well used). Also this set is slightly larger, heavier and feels more durable. They seem to function just fine, all allen keys in one place.They function exactly as described, appear to be a high quality product and are made in the USA at price that is competitive with a Chinese equivalent. I would absolutely buy again.
- First off, this is the Eklind model 20911, the replacement and functional equivalent to the out of production model 91. It is not labeled as the 91 in any way. That being said, it is functionally identical. It is a simple and well made tool and includes the most commonly used SAE hex key sizes. As an aircraft mechanic, I use it nearly daily and have not experienced any noticeable rounding of the drive shoulders and no breakage or permanent twisting of the keys. It is clearly made of high quality and properly heat treated steel. That being said, this was purchased as a replacement for an original model 91 which was lost, and despite the apparent identicality, the replacement does not close as cleanly and smoothly as the original 91. The smaller keys sometimes come out of alignment and get wedged against each other, making it necessary to open up the remainder of the keys to realign them. Overall, a very minor annoyance. This is a quality US made tool. It loses 1 star due to the closing issue and the fact that Bondhus makes similar tools at a similar price point which are also US made out of quality steel with a noticeably higher quality of finishing. I prefer the metal frame in the folding hex key sets and was familiar with this model’s predecessor, so I went with the Eklind set. You really can’t go wrong at this price point or any other for that matter. Most of the tool truck brands actually rebrand either Eklind or Bondhus hex keys as their own, anyways (I know for certain MAC hex keys are Bondhus).
- I run a high school robotics team with kids who seem unable to stop throwing all the tools on the floor. This results in endless hunting for the right Allen wrench and I finally got fed up. I bought two sets of these and now they can actually find the right Allen wrench. It might still be on the floor, but at least they are all together!
- So logical. Better than sets of individual tools. We found about this when both of our sets of individual tools were missing the same size tool. Of corse it eas the one we needed. Our neighbor loaned us this clever dolution. We immediately ordered two. This is like a Swiss army knife – everything in one compact place and they fold out or in as needed.
- Nice heft and rugged and made of quality steel and even the smaller keys won’t twist in a tight socket. They fold out of the handle and give me some great torque to loosen stubborn screws. If they loosen, it’s no big deal to tighten the nut and screw in the handle. I keep sets of these in two tool boxes and on the bench along with the metric Eklind 21171 Fold-Up Set #M17, 1.5mm to 6mm Hex Key Set.
- Absolutely perfect toolset. A bit challenging to move and rotate the individual pieces but that is bound to improve with repeated use. The quality seems excellent for a US made toolset. Very pleased to have found this on Amazon.
- Yeah, you can buy chinese sets with plastic handles for less money, but the steel will be softer and the dimensions not as accurate. This is a US tool company that specializes in hex tools and it shows in the quality.
- I am a commercial electrian and this tool is to replace a lost set. I have used this brand and style for 20+ years and you just can’t beat the durability for the money spent.