Size:Small Product Description The Angled Head Diagonal Cutting Pliers from Klein Tools feature solid construction and performance for which Klein pliers are known. Short jaws and beveled cutting edges allow for close cutting of wire. They are designed with the rivet closer to the cutting edge for 36-Percent greater cutting and gripping power than other pliers designs. Klein pliers are designed and built to exceptional quality standards in a tradition that dates back to 1857. Angled head design ensures easy work in confined areas. Ideal to cut ACSR, screws, nails and most hardened wire. 8-Inch pliers have short jaws and beveled cutting edges. Hot-riveted joint ensures smooth action and no handle wobble. Dual-material Journeyman handles provide a better grip without sacrificing tool strength and durability. Professional-grade materials for toughness and durability. Exclusive handle tempering absorbs the “snap” when cutting wire. Custom, US-made tool steel. For more than 160 years, Klein Tools has manufactured premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools that deliver the performance, durability and precision needed to get the job done right. Our family of engineers, workers and craftsman continue to put six generations of expertise into every tool we create by using only the highest quality materials, superior workmanship, and keeping manufacturing as close to home as we can. Klein isn’t just the name of our company, it’s also our family name. And since we’re an American company that’s family-owned and family-run, you know you can count on us to be here tomorrow. Klein Tools doesn’t just make great products, we make great products that stand up to the demands of the professionals who use them every day … Since 1857. From the Manufacturer 8-Inch Journeyman diagonal-cutting pliers – angled head, heavy-duty cutting
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Angled head design for easy work in confined spaces
- Cuts ACSR, screws, nails and most hardened wire
- High-leverage design. Rivet is closer to the cutting edge for 36-percent greater cutting power than other plier designs
- Short jaws and beveled cutting edges permit close cutting of wire
-#27,111 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #32 in Side-Cutting Pliers
-12 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Before this pair, I used the Klein red handled straight sidecutters. I was unaware of the difference between the red and blue handles until I did some research online and found out that the blue handles are made with a harder temper of steal in order to be able to cut through nails and screws. I decided on the journeyman’s pair because of the soft grip handle and the cost difference was on only about 2 bucks more. The angled head gives the ability for leverage when pulling out wire staples and other nails that might be in the way of running new wire.
- OK, so there is a reason that you will see a set of Klein side cutters in almost every single tool bag of any electrician across almost every profession. They are spectacular tools and perform as expected. It almost seems pointless posting a review for these but, in case you are on the fence, get off of it and buy these. You will NOT be disappointed.
- Third pair of these but the handles feel super crooked. I also dont think they are as hard as they claim to be. Ive messed up the cutters when trying to cut some number 10 machine screws (although not sure if theyre supposed to))
- Thus is my must have tool though not normally the journeyman model. The first I ordered was way too stiff to open. I returned and got another. The next after 100s of openings with cutting oil and other products it became smooth enough to use but not great. This tool should fall open when you pull out iof your pouch. I had one years ago that really stiffened up and could barely open. Come on Klein remember quality control?
- Upgraded from Craftsman side cutters after using several pair during the last 50 years. Bought a new ranch property and knew I would have fence wire to deal with. Wish I had these when restoring my Mustang and working on copier repair. These are fast precise cutters. Nips any electrical wire much cleaner than the old Craftsman. I stress-tested on machine screws that were too long and these bad boys cut right through no problem.
- So worth the price! As a floral wreath designer, I decided to finally invest in quality cutters. The difference is amazing, and I wish I’d done this sooner!
- What can I say? These are the best cutters I’ve owned. No break in needed and they’re extremely comfortable. Not to mention the eat through anything. Didn’t think I’d like them more than my Knipex cutters that sadly took a swim in the Mississippi, but you really cant beat these. Think I’ll start up a collection of the Series 2000 Journeyman tools
- These are the best ones to buy no breaking in already lose and ready to use. If you have bought a pair and they don’t fall open return them, you are paying the high price because they are supposed to be ready to use unlike the cheaper versions.