Color:Black, Blue Yellow, Silver Product Description A simple push of a button adjusts the lower jaw twice faster than traditional groove joint pliers. Multi-Groove Ratcheting System has twice the groove positions of other groove joint pliers, for precise positioning to grip any type of surface. Anti-pinch, non-slip ProTouch Grips provide comfort, control, and less hand fatigue. Right angle teeth grip in all directions for maximum bite. Metal Injection Molding process for precision parts delivers strength and exceptional performance. IRWIN VISE-GRIP Tools GrooveLock Pliers, V Jaw, 6-inch (4935351) Amazon.com Part of the dependable Irwin VISE-GRIP professional line, the 6-Inch V Jaw GrooveLock Pliers employ a unique design to ensure a grip that’s both secure and precise. Irwin’s Multi-Groove Ratcheting System has an innovative press-and-slide button that allows the pliers to adjust twice as fast as traditional tongue-and-groove pliers. The pliers also features Irwin’s trademarked anti-pinch, non-slip ProTouch grips for improved control and user comfort.Innovative Design Ensures Precision and Easy HandlingIrwin recognizes that effective pliers need to securely grip a variety of surfaces and also need to sit comfortably in your hand. Irwin’s 6-Inch V Jaw GrooveLock Pliers delivers on both fronts.The innovative press-and-slide button allows for quick, easy adjustment of the lower jaw, saving you time and frustration. The pliers’ all-purpose V Jaws are ideal for round, flat, square and hex shapes.In addition, the pliers’ Multi-Groove Ratcheting System features twice as many groove positions than any other groove-joint pliers, so you get a more precise hold as well as more ways for you to hold the pliers. This system’s ratcheting action allows the pliers to be adjusted from the open position up to your work piece by pushing the handle up–no need to press the button or reposition.Precision Parts for Durability and PerformanceA metal injection molding (MIM) process is used to create the precision parts that make up the 6-Inch V Jaw GrooveLock Pliers. This adds strength and durability to the pliers’ build. Because this process allows for the consistent and affordable creation of complicated parts, it also plays a large part in ensuring accurate, reliable performance.ProTouch Grips Provide Comfort and ControlA tool can only perform accurately if you’re in complete control of it, and Irwin’s trademarked ProTouch grips make it easy to handle the 6-Inch V Jaw GrooveLock Pliers. Their non-slip, anti-pinch handle design provides improved comfort and control. Furthermore, since the well-balanced pliers operates comfortably, you can look forward to less hand fatigue when working on extended tasks and repetitive jobs.While each pair of GrooveLock pliers is versatile enough to handle a wide variety of tasks, Irwin offers GrooveLock pliers in a variety of sizes with straight, smooth, and V-shaped jaws, so you can select the configurations that best match your most common applications.The 6-Inch V Jaw GrooveLock Pliers are backed by Irwin’s VISE-GRIP lifetime warranty.What’s in the BoxIrwin 6-Inch V Jaw GrooveLock Pliers. See all Product description
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- A simple push of a button adjusts the lower jaw twice faster than traditional groove joint pliers
- Adjustable pliers with Multi-Groove Ratcheting System have twice the groove positions of other groove joint pliers, for precise positioning to grip any type of surface
- Anti-pinch, non-slip ProTouch Grips provide comfort, control, and less hand fatigue
- Tongue and groove pliers have right angle teeth to grip in all directions for maximum bite
-#9,326 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #6 in Tongue-and-Groove Pliers
-4.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- See the pic I’ve attached. The top jaw broke off at what seems to be a weak point in the design I guess. I have a pretty strong grip, but not super strong – I wouldn’t expect pliers to break simply with manual handheld strength. These broke today with only moderate pressure. Pretty surprising, I’ll be returning them.Also I wouldn’t buy this size again – the 6-inch model is pretty small, and the 10-inch is currently the same price ($13) on Amazon (which is actually cheaper than the 8-inch at $15). Prices change quickly though – when I bought this 6-inch model a week ago it was $10, now it’s $13.
- These pliers were a nice surprise. I did a search for soft-jawed pliers and ordered these by mistake. I decided to keep them and I am glad they did. The problem I have had with slip-joint piers before is that they tend to slip at the wrong time. These pliers actually lock in place and you have to press a button to change size grooves. They are made in China, but seem like they are well made. I am happy with this purchase.
- These are the BEST channel lock pliers I have owned. The Groovelock system makes adjusting the pliers simple and fast and keeps the adjustment from slipping like some conventional channel lock pliers do. The handles are really comfortable. This is a very versatile tool, which I use for tightening electrical couplers and connectors. I have even used the inside part of the jaw as a crimper . The 10-inch tool is a good all around tool to keep in your tool box. I find that the 8-inch tool is even more comfortable and maneuverable and versatile, that goes in my tool bag as well.
- These are great. They have taken everything on that I can throw at them. They helped rerounded a dog kennel pole, untie paracord knots, hold bolts and nuts in place, and straighten metal up. They stay locked up. I keep them in my back pocket at all times. They only move one groove when in my back pocket. The teeth have only worn down a little. I had to reglue the rubber grips on because the factory glue couldn’t handle my body heat.
- I love these baby pliers. I had a pair for a long time and lost them. The narrow head bites hard and the small size lets you get in tight spaces. I actually bent the rear handle applying torque using a breaker bar on the old pair to undo a stud rusted into an engine block. They can grab such a wide range of things these are typically my go-to pliers if I don’t need a ton of torque.
- Great grip and easy to lock in place. Best pair of tongue-and-groove pliers I’ve ever owned. This is a great size for working in small places but I also own an 8, 10 and 12 inch pair. Having the 6 and 8 inch together really helps locking things in place when having to hold on one side and twist on the other.
- Man, these did the job exactly as I needed to remove the sink aerator without marking it up (too much). Don’t grab too tight, and it won’t leave marks. Grab too tight, and you’ll have scars. For the money, this did the job just as I needed.
- even better than advertised, which doesn’t happen often. The feel in the hand is excellent – balanced, not too heavy and not too light and flimsy. High quality product. Great “grippy” handle. The little button to widen or narrow the “jaws” works as easily and effortlessly as described. The multi-function “teeth” have worked for every small job I needed, and especially surprising, I did not need to apply much force even when the item was stuck too tight for regular pliers.