Size:42371 The GearWrench 84-Tooth Long Handle Ratchets provide easier access to hard-to-reach fasteners. The longer handle design is over 25% longer than our regular ratchets and provides increased leverage, making it quicker and easier to complete jobs. In addition the 84-Teeth gear provides a 4.3Degree ratcheting arc means you can get into a tight spot and still get your work done. GearWrench, GET IT DONE.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Access – Over 25% longer handle increases access to hard-to-reach fasteners
- Speed – 84-Teeth give a 4.3Degree ratcheting arc so you can turn a fastener in tighter confines
- Strength – 84-Tooth design delivers over 180% of ASME torque performance and the enclosed head design for extreme resistance to dirt infiltration
- Speed – The full polish grip provides you with quick and easy clean up
-#25,697 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #74 in Socket Wrenches
-1.95 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
-Item can be shipped within U.S.
-This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- Bought this 84 tooth and the flex head 120 tooth ratchets with the long handle. I’ve been wrenching for 40+ years and always purchased higher end tools which last longer then the average retail store tools and designed for a better fit in specific locations. Both of these ratchets exceeded the quality I assumed for the low price I paid. Pay attention to today’s tools. Many are quite acceptable and meet but not exceed Mac, Snap-On, Proto tools for the average and above mechanic. True, they are not the top, but you will be surprised at just how good the Goodwrench ratchets are. I can’t speak for the open end, combination wrenches or the sockets but you certainly will well adding both of these ratchets to your tool cabinet.
- I was an NAASE and Chevrolet certified mechanic for years long ago, and I’ve owned many good and bad ratchets, everything from parts store discount bin items up through Mac and Snap-On tools items. I have a 30+ year old Snap-On 1/2 drive that still works fine, but this ratchet from GearWrench is my new favorite/go-to. First, the tooth count makes for a lot less rotation needed for driving bolts/nuts. Second, unlike the Snap-On, the drag on the gearing is much lighter, and works significantly better once a bolt/nut is free spinning. Third, the handle length, being about 33-50% longer than most standard 1/2″ drive ratchets is much more conducive to bolts that one would use a 1/2″ drive tool on, but not so long as a breaker bar. Finally, the contour of the handle is similar to Snap-On, hence, very comfortable. So far, after 4 months, this ratchet has performed as well as if not better than any comparable item I ever bought off of a tool truck when working in dealerships. will definitely look to GearWrench for any other ratchets I want in the future.
- I don’t know if this’ll stand up to the rigors of a professional using it day in and day out in a shop. But for the shade tree guy this is the best ratchet I’ve ever owned. Those old Craftsman ratchets are never getting used again! slim head on this thing fits in the tightest spots and the long handle helps get the torque needed to loosen stubborn fasteners. This is now my go to 3/8″ ratchet.
- Was considering purchasing the snap on FL80, which was much more expensive and chose to go with the GearWrench Long Handle 81264 (3/8 Ratchet). While there is no comparison to the Snap-On products, I am so glad I purchased the GearWrench. It has held up well to consistent use in the last two months. It’s the first ratchet I reached for when I serviced my AC system, fuel lines, and recently the clutch hydraulics on my car. The tool is a good length, the tooth count just right and the narrow profile has been a life saver when working in tight spaces. Overall the tool has worked perfectly and have had zero issues. Highly recommend!
- I’m an industrial worker and this ratchet is nice. I’ve used it for a few months now doing heavy duty tightening and I love this. I have sockets for it all the way up to 1 5/8″ and it handles it no problem. A very good buy.
- I have a great deal of $ invested in tools. Being retired and wrenching independently, I do not require the high end Truck tools. I was, however, still very apprehensive about adding the Gear Wrench Long Reach 1/2 Ratchet to my box. No need to hesitate with this ratchet. Nice stable, balanced, and confident feel when applying torque to fasteners. I would use this ratchet in or out of the industry. Excellent tool for the price.
- High quality tool, feels good in the hand and the slim head fits well in tight spots. Highly recommend, works as well as my Matco or snap on tools. Just would be more difficult to warranty if anything were to break.
- Used it a few times on a couple different projects. I like it, cant compare to much. I’ve used many different brands of fine tooth ratchets. I like this one cause its mine and new in the box. Havent had it long enough to give 5 star on durablitly.