With the 23 Combination Socket Set, you can be sure you have the right tool for the job. The set includes a variety of sockets and accessories for your convenience. The sockets include DirectTorque technology to help prevent rounding of fasteners and to provide better grip.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Locking Stackable Case with a removable inner tray
- DirectTorque Technology
- Polished chrome vanadium finish
- Hand stamped markings
-#7,475 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #9 in Socket & Socket Wrench Sets
-7.55 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- I was looking for a DIY quality 1/2″ drive SAE and metric socket set. As 1/2” drive is a larger ratchet, I wanted 6-point over 12-point sockets (something one can apply more torque to). This fits the bill nicely. The ratchet is 72-tooth, strong and solid and has a smooth action and nice hand-feel. It’s got a good selection of shallow sockets that lean to the larger end compared to some other sets. This was another selling point for me. (If I need to use a smaller socket, I would probably grab a 3/8” drive.) The sockets have relatively big easy to read numbers. The extension, drill adapter and case were a bonus.The case has some thoughtful features like a removable tray for use in a tool chest drawer and the ability to click-lock onto accessory cases.Since the description is lacking, here is what’s included + some photos:Dewalt DWMT73813 23 Piece 1/2″ Drive Socket Set1 -Lockable stacking case with transparent lid and removable internal tray1 – 1/2″ drive 72-tooth quick release ratchet10 – 1/2″ drive 6-point SAE sockets: 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8, 15/16, 1″10 – 1/2″ drive 6-point metric sockets: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 24mm1 – 1/2″ drive 5″ extension1 – 1/2″ drive drill adapterIf you want a set of 1/2″ drive deep sockets to go with these, search Dewalt DWMT73814 for SAE and DWMT73815 for metric.A year and a half later, I’m still loving these I’ve used these for some heavy torque / breaker bar jobs including suspension work on my Jeep and car. They’re holding up great. I recently bought both the metric and SAE deep sockets to go with it. An absolutely great value.
- This set has a complement of the most used sockets in its drive range in shallow depth, but I find retrieving the sockets from the case is somewhat awkward at times, especially if one has greasy hands an you often do using these tools. Keeping a small hand magnet in the case aids in this effort.
- dewalt sockets are to me as good as snap on, they have small indentions that help you grasp each socket so you can use your fingers to spin them and the rachets are very nice smooth almost like snapons design but for dirt cheap, dont buy kobalt crap or husky, these dewalt socket sets are much nicer. i been chunkin all my old crapsman stuff and switching all over to these easier to read the sockets and just a really nice set, i have three of the 200 pc sets one for the each vehicle , they are awesome and everything stays in place.
- Fantastic socket set! I am a weekend mechanic type. If it is at all possible for me to fix something on my vehicles I will give it a go. I have an old set of craftsman 1/2” drive sockets and wrench that were passed to me by my father. That set has seen some of the sockets go missing and and most of the sockets are 12point instead of 6. It is a quality set, but would cost twice what this one does to replace. This set is every bit as good and possibly better. The wrench and sockets are heavy and well finished. The ratchet has about double the ratchet points of my craftsman which means it is more effective in smaller spaces. To sum it up, this set feels like quality in your hand and is at a surprising price point!August 2019 updateI continue to love this socket set. This set is not rated for impact tools, but I figured for the price I would replace it if I broke it, but they have taken all the abuse I have thrown at them without even a scratch showing. I purchased a ryobi 1/2 impact wrench and have been using these sockets both on lug nuts and some other projects with rusty bolts. The impact wrench really puts out the punishment, but I have had zero issues. Buy with confidence!
- I’ve said this on reviews of other dewalt socket sets and will say it again… not sure how Dewalt has been able to offer these really high quality tools at a really low price but I’m loving it. I have my whole collection because they’re just such a great deal to pass on. This stuff is heavy duty, Clicks like a Shimano Ultregra cassette (if u ever heard one of those clicks before), everything labelled up, sturdy case so nothing gets lost, cases are all stackable, and price is about the lowest you will find on the market. Can’t get it any better than that. Just holding this stuff in your hands will make you smile, trust me.
- Wow, this set is way nicer than I thought it would be. Dewalt really hit it out of the park with this one. The case is nice, the ratchet is solid and weighty. The sockets are robust and fit perfectly. I completely plan to purchase the additional socket and wrench sets and stack them in my tool shed.
- These are fantastic sockets, I’ve even used them in my impact driver while building a pergola over our BBQ, despite them not being impact rated (at least I don’t think they are), they held up with zero issues.The ratchet is very high quality, but also pretty darn heavy so be forewarned.The case works pretty well and looks nice, fits perfectly without removing the insert in my large Husky tool chest drawer.Everything about this set is quality, for a home DIY this is likely a one and done sort of kit, can’t imagine these needing to replaced for several, several years to come. The only things I’d prefer would be deeper sockets and smaller sizes included, but they weren’t advertised as deep sockets and I purchased the smaller socket set in addition which compliments this well.
- This is not only a fantastic deal, but you get some very high quality sturdy tools! The case is nice, and the insert is removable so you can put it directly into your tool box! Lifetime warranty is great on these, although I doubt you’ll ever need to use it!