Style:Tamper Resistant Star Product description Drilled tips allow use on tamper-resistant security fasteners. Forged chrome molybdenum steel provides strength and durability, while mirror-polished chrome-plated ends resist corrosion. Textured finish improves gripping power. Laser-etched size markings for easy identification. Sets (qty.): 1 From the Manufacturer Extra-Long Arm Tamper Resistant Torx Hex Key Set
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Contains T6, T7, T8, T9, T10, T15, T20, T25, T27, T30, T40, T45 and T50 keys
- Extra long design for maximum torque
- Drilled tips for tamper resistant screws
- Satin plated finish and texture create better grip during use
-#13,063 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #37 in Hex Keys
-1.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- These are Long reach, Great Fitting, and high quality! I had an issue with several allen headed bolts deep in holes becoming captive without actually have engaged threads, because of the depth of the holes, and the weight of the assembly they were in and the material they were made of I had not been successful in removing them to realight the holes and threads and try again. The machining on the ball end of these is very precise, and I was able to manipulate the ball into a position to put tension on the fasteners to pull them out, align the threads and the hole, and properly install them-gave me a success where other tools had failed. The combination of the precision, and the length gave me a successful option! These are beautifully finished, and a great addition to any tool bag! The 10mm has a 9″ lever, and the 1.5mm has a 3.5″ lever. The blue on silver looks nice too! The sizes are laser etched through the blue powder coating on the 10, 8, 6, 5, and 4mm wrenches. They are magnetic, and the included holder is peg boardable with a folded eyelet. The mm sizes included are 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.5, 2, 1.5.
- I purchased this product after trying 3 other tamper resistant bits and tools. I was trying to save money initially, but I should have just bought these first.Here are the problems I’ve had with *OTHER* sets:1) Bit sets – they were too short. A bit is less then 1″ long. The holes in my electronics are at least 2″ deep (and more). I cant reach the screws inside my electronics with bit sets.2) Some of the sets I tried had mis-aligned or incorrectly sized tamper holes (the hole in the end of the bit). If this hole is off center, it will not work. Some of the cheap sets have holes that are not aligned or are too small to fit.3) Greasy residue, poor quality. 1 of my sets was covered in machining oil. Yuck. Another set was super soft metal; it stripped on first use.4) Bent. The two smallest keys on 1 set I tried were slightly bent. They could have probably been snapped in half with little effort.What I like about THIS set:1) THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL TOOLS! Seriously, I was taken back by the quality of this set.2) Super heavy duty, super strong metal (even the smallest keys). These wont be breaking on me!3) Very long; they fit every hole I need them to fit. I was taken back by the size of this set. Picture the biggest key reaching from the end of your middle finger, to about 2″+ past your wrist. They’re huge!4) Awesome coating. Non slip, super strong. Its gritty rubber that wont crumble or collect grease. Super nice.Overall I’m just really pleased with this set. Way worth the money. In fact, I will be looking for this brand when shopping for tools in the future. And really, these should sell for way more money then they do (and I’m sure they do elsewhere, thanks Amazon!). Don’t hesitate if you are in the market for these type of tools. For those of you with PS3 and Xbox’s, YES THESE FIT PERFECTLY. Buy these and you will be very thankful you did. It will be the last set you buy.This is coming from a man with lots of tools that only appreciates the highest quality, most rugged, reliable tools available. You cant beat this value.*************************** UPDATE: SEPTEMBER 2012***************************I wrote my original review on this product in December 2010. I’ve now owned this product for a total of 1 year, 9 months.I still occasionally use this set, and when I do, I’m so glad I bought them. They still look as good as the day I received them (no quality issues or even the slightest amount of wear). I am extremely satisfied with this purchase and the price I paid. If you’re looking for a quality set like these; I definitely highly recommend them.I’m a very pleased, very impressed, and very satisfied customer.Thanks Titan. We appreciate quality products at fair prices. Please keep it up and never give up on quality.[Please Vote!]I hope this review gives you some insight and help with your choice, and a little knowledge from an unbiased owner. If so, please click on “YES” below this review to vote it as helpful. Thanks!(Thanks for the questions, comments and votes fellow Amazon shoppers… keep them coming too!)
- After purchasing them I brought them to work sure enough I had to hang a couple of towel bars and toilet paper holders which required 1 of the smallest sizes 5/64 and using the bottom rounded side I noticed it started to spin inside I flip it around to the normal Allen side and it works fine I take a better look at all of them that I purchased and the two or three smallest of metric standard allen wrench sets all are almost round like a circle they do not have any defined edges like an allen head should so it doesn’t strip the bolt so very disappointed I decided to buy another brand they arrived today and sure enough they are all perfect no matter what size so these are all going to be returned I also bought the torque star pattern ones I didn’t see any issues with him but because I’m looking for a complete 3 piece set of one brand they will also be returned and the brand I went with and had no issues was Bondhus made in USAWhich are priced about the same maybe a little bit more but the quality is all that matters because now I can actually use it without damaging a very small delicate screw and I can’t afford to damage when I’m in a client’s house doing detailed finish work and kitchens or bathrooms so be aware you might get lucky and get one that doesn’t have any cast problems but my metric and standard which are the red and blue ones all of the smaller sizes like I said have rounded edges that you can visibly see so very disappointing I could only use one end of Allen wrench not both
- I couldn’t find a Robertson key wrench, but I remembered that the term, “Square” is also used, so I placed my order for this “Triple Square key.” That was a mistake. It’s a “Star” or “Torx” key. I haven’t yet opened the package, so I may just return it, but it does seem to be of good quality, so I’ll have to think about that. I’m also going to see if there is such a designation as “triple square.”
- Fantastic set of hex keys, I certainly recommend buying them. I had an older set of Husky hex keys and they mysteriously vanished… aka my dad decided to borrow them so I found it as an opportunity to get something a little upgraded.The extra long length comes in handy as well as the ball end. Grip material is certainly convenient. If you buy this set of hex keys, it should certainly last you a lifetime unless you seriously abuse your tools.
- I like the wrenches, not only are the easy to pick out because of the color from your tool box, but they seem to be well made also. I did have the ball snap off of one of the smaller wrenches but I applied a lot of torque to it with a pair of pliers…. The set I received came in a carrier that was not dual layered like the one in the picture. I prefer the smaller package as it fits in a tool bag pocket much easier than the wide single layer one I got. The red color does come off if you scratch the wrench up against anything while using it. But hey its a tool so it is supposed to get used.