Size:8″ Product Description IRWIN VISE-GRIP GrooveLock V-Jaw Pliers, 8-Inch, 2078108 Amazon.com Part of the dependable Irwin VISE-GRIP professional line, the 8-Inch V-Jaw GrooveLock Pliers employ a unique design to ensure a grip that’s both secure and precise. Irwin’s Multi-Groove Ratcheting System has an innovative press-and-slide button that allows these pliers to adjust twice as fast as traditional tongue-and-groove pliers. The pliers also feature Irwin’s trademarked anti-pinch, non-slip ProTouch grips for improved control and user comfort.VISE-GRIP 8-Inch V-JawGrooveLock PliersAt a Glance:Press-n-slide button adjusts lower jaw quickly and easilyTwice as many groove positions as similar pliers for improved precisionAll-purpose jaw with right-angle teeth for gripping a variety of shapesAnti-pinch, non-slip ProTouch grips increase control and reduce hand fatigueDurable precision parts made using a metal injection molding process*versus traditional groove-joint pliersAnti-pinch, non-slip ProTouch grips increase control and reduce fatigue. .Twice as many groove positions as the competition. .Innovative Design Ensures Precision and Easy HandlingIrwin recognizes that effective pliers need to securely grip a variety of surfaces and also need to sit comfortably in your hand. Irwin’s 8-Inch Groove Lock Pliers deliver on both fronts.The innovative press-and-slide button allows for quick, easy adjustment of the lower jaw, saving you time and frustration. The V-shape of the jaws offers multipurpose performance and helps you handle round pieces, as well as square- or hex-shaped hardware. The jaws’ right-angle teeth grip in all directions to help prevent slippage and ensure you avoid damaging the materials at hand.In addition, the pliers’ Multi-Groove Ratcheting System features twice as many groove positions than any other groove-joint pliers, so you get a precise hold as well as more ways for you to hold the pliers. This system’s ratcheting action allows the pliers to be adjusted from the open position up to your work piece by pushing the handle up–no need to press the button or reposition.Precision Parts for Durability and PerformanceA metal injection molding (MIM) process is used to create the precision parts that make up the 8-Inch GrooveLock Pliers. This adds strength and durability to the pliers’ build. Because this process allows for the consistent and affordable creation of complicated parts, it also plays a large part in ensuring accurate, reliable performance.ProTouch Grips Provide Comfort and ControlA tool can only perform accurately if you’re in complete control of it, and Irwin’s trademarked ProTouch grips make it easy to handle the 8-Inch GrooveLock Pliers. Their non-slip, anti-pinch handle design provides improved comfort and control. Furthermore, since the well-balanced pliers operate comfortably, you can look forward to less hand fatigue when working on extended tasks and repetitive jobs.While each pair of GrooveLock pliers is versatile enough to handle a wide variety of tasks, Irwin offers GrooveLock pliers in a variety of sizes with straight, smooth, and V-shaped jaws, so you can select the configurations that best match your most common applications.The 8-Inch GrooveLock Pliers are backed by Irwin’s VISE-GRIP lifetime warranty.What’s in the BoxIrwin 8-Inch GrooveLock Pliers with multipurpose jaws.
GrooveLock PliersV JawStraight JawSmooth Jaw
See all Product description
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Tongue and groove pliers have a press and slide button that quickly adjusts lower jaw
- All purpose jaw grips on round, flat, square and hex shapes
-#14,758 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #5 in Plier Sets #9 in Slip-Joint Pliers
-7.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
-Item can be shipped within U.S.
-This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- My go to pliers for tie rod adjustment. My shop does a heavy volume of alignments and I grab these every time. I will admit I do have a smaller hand and find these fit great. I like these because they are small and good for tight spaces. These are used everyday of every week for the past 3 years with no problems. After all the abuse they still worked great the only thing was the hand grips were worn out and that was understandable due to oil saturation and plain wear and tear. The teeth actually still had good bite. I own the set of three of these pliers and the GV8s are the only ones a really use daily.Why do I say buyer beware? Irwin carries two identical GV8 models and one is lower quality in my opinion. If you notice some come with two silver dots on each side of the locking mechanism. Stay away from those. A guy in my shop literally gave me his pair after I asked if he had seen mine laying around and I hated the way they felt plus the locking mechanism didn’t work half the time. They actually have a different shape to them. The grips are farther apart.
- They’re pliers. They work. They seem to be quite sturdy. The shape of the jaws is well-thought out (gripping small round objects like nuts with these is easier than with flat-surface pliers). And the grips are very comfortable.The release mechanism to change the jaw size is not the same tongue and groove design as the Chanellocks many of us are accustomed to, but it took about 2 seconds to get used the push button adjust/release design, and I for one think it’s a little easier to get the exact opening size you want with these.I don’t use tools like this a whole lot, so I can’t speak to long-term durability, but I see nothing to indicate that these Irwin’s won’t outlive me.
- I love the Irwin Groovelock pliers. Once you have used them, you can’t imagine going back to conventional channel lock pliers which often have a tendency to slip. I have been using the 10-in version for a few years, when a friend showed me the 8-inch version and how comfortable they fit in your hand. Be aware that these come in two styles, one has the “flat” jaw, the other has the diamond shape jaw which is more convenient for handling round materials such as pipes, bolts, etc.. I think the diamond shaped jaw pliers are more versatile. The rubber coated handles are easy on your hands. These are a keeper !
- really like the handles, and the quick set button. the jaw grooves wear out already after two months of rare use. I like how the pliers work, and how they feel, but the jaw grooves are incredibly soft. would not buy again.
- Somehow, someway I continually lose the many wrenches I have purchased over the years. Kids and grandkids maybe? I needed one for some of the connections on my pond filters. Before buying, I posted a question about this particular Irwin vise-grip, and immediately received the answer I needed from some very generous amazon customers.Received the vise-grip yesterday, and it worked effortlessly for this almost 67 year old woman.
- This is a good quality tool at a great price. Works well and is well designed. Would recommend to others. The slip and lock mechanism is positive, easy to operate and mechanically robust and these are large enough to handle most plumbing jobs around the house.
- This is a great tool and has the locking feature to hold the jaws where you set them. I’ve used others that worked ok, but was sometimes frustrated when the jaws slipped to the next notch causing you to stop and re-adjust the tool to the correct size. No more of that with this one.
- Love these . Use them constantly at work. Have tried many styles and types but these are currently my favorite. They can pinch your hand a little when open all the way but most all of them do. Only ones I’ve come across that don’t cost almost $30 for one pair. Too much. These grip great and I love the curved mouthpiece.