Size:1/2-Inch Drive (3″, 5″, 10″) 1/2-Inch Drive Impact Extension Bar Set for cordless, electric, and pneumatic impact wrenches, Cr-V, 3 Inch – 10 Inch, 3-Piece
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Premium impact grade chrome vanadium steel construction with protective black finish for durability
- Ideally use with impact wrenches and extends access to hard-to-reach fasteners in tight spots
- Spring-loaded ball at male end retains sockets securely and prevents them from dropping
- Ball hole at drive end locks onto drive tang of impact tools
-#20,978 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #32 in Torque Wrenches
-1.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Used the longest extension, along with a 42mm socket and a breaker bar to remove some 42mm nuts on a 7-foot rotary cutter.The nuts hold the heavy blades that the cutter uses to mow pastures while attached to my tractor.Before buying this extension set, the socket, and the breaker bar from Amazon, I was concerned that I would need to use an impact wrench and air compressor to remove the nuts.However, with this extension, the socket, and the long breaker bar, the nuts came off easily!Longest extension provided the clearance I needed to remove the sockets while standing on top of the cutter deck.I know that the nuts were factory tight because cotter pins are used to keep the nuts from backing out.Actually, removing the cotter pins between the nuts and the long bolts were the toughest part of this task.So removing factory tight bolts without an impact wrench? This extension made the chore much easier!
- Hard to beat, for the price. The only issue I have is the length on the extensions. The length they have on the extension is the overall length, not the working length. the working length is an inch shorter. I know this isn’t an issue for most uses, but I have to torque bolts through access holes. The extensions do work for what I need, but it would have been better if they were an inch longer. Just an FYI if you are working in a limited access area.
- These are a nice heavy extension. There is little torque loss. I use them on a 1″ torque wrench, with an adapter, to remove heavy truck lugs. I then use them with a 3/4″ ratchet and digital torque adapter to make sure everything is torqued to spec. They are invaluable and priced great.
- These are definitely worth having in my cordless impact wrench tool bag at the price. It’s a good assortment of 3″, 5″, and 10″ extensions that can be combined for 8″, 13″, 15″, or 18″. That’s a lot of versatility for $10.
- These extensions work, and are an excellent bargain. I love the look of the mat black finish to boot, but I don’t expect it to hold up. I’m surprised the black hasn’t rubbed off so far.
- The seem strong and durable and they have a nice weight to them. I really wanted the 4 inch extension so my Ingersoll Rand 3/4 impact gun would not come in contact with the axle hub. It worked perfect. I would feel even better if Neiko products came with a lifetime warranty.
- I purchased these in 2012 and still going strong with all the abuse I put them through. I will order another set of these. They’re really strong. Used them in a 3/4” gun and they still held up.
- These are very heavy duty!! I did not use them in an impact but with a breaker bar but they worked great and I was not worried at all about these breaking. They’re huge.