Size:1-Pack Product description 415 Model Code: AC – Price is for 1 Each (part# 415) This item features: -Laser hardened right angle teeth grip in all directions. -Reinforcing edge eliminates stress breakage. -PermaLock Fastener, eliminates nut and bolt failure. -Undercut tongue and groove won’t slip. -Handle Type: Plastic-Dipped. -Material: High Carbon 1080 Steel. -Finish: Polish. -Type: Tongue & Groove Pliers. Len. = Overall Length Len. = Overall Length Model Code Model Description AABrand Name:BigAzz , Overall Length:20 1/4 in, Jaw Opening:5 1/2 in [Max], Jaw Shape:Straight, Jaw Type:Serrated, No. of Adj.:12 ABOverall Length:10 in, Jaw Opening:2 in [Max], Jaw Length:1 3/8 in, Jaw Shape:Straight, Jaw Type:Serrated, No. of Adj.:7, Wt.:13.33 oz ACOverall Length:10 in, Jaw Opening:2 in [Max], Jaw Length:1 3/8 in, Jaw Shape:Straight, Jaw Type:Smooth, No. of Adj.:7, Wt.:13.33 oz ADOverall Length:12 in, Jaw Opening:2 1/4 in [Max], Jaw Length:1 1/2 in, Jaw Shape:Straight, Jaw Type:Serrated, No. of Adj.:7, Wt.:20.67 oz AEOverall Length:12 in, Jaw Opening:2 1/4 in [Max], Jaw Length:1 1/2 in, Jaw Shape:V-Jaws, Jaw Type:Serrated, No. of Adj.:7, Wt.:20.67 oz AFOverall Length:16 in, Jaw Opening:4 1/4 in [Max], Jaw Length:2 9/16 in, Jaw Shape:Straight, Jaw Type:Serrated, No. of Adj.:8, Wt.:48 oz AGOverall Length:4 1/2 in, Jaw Opening:1/2 in [Max], Jaw Length:13/32 in, Jaw Shape:Straight, Jaw Type:Serrated, No. of Adj.:3, Wt.:1.33 oz AHOverall Length:6 1/2 in, Jaw Opening:7/8 in [Max], Jaw Length:13/16 in, Jaw Shape:Straight, Jaw Type:Serrated, No. of Adj.:5, Wt.:5.33 oz AIOverall Length:8 in, Jaw Opening:1 1/2 in [Max], Jaw Length:1 1/8 in, Jaw Shape:Straight, Jaw Type:Serrated, No. of Adj.:4, Wt.:10.80 oz AJOverall Length:9 1/2 in, Jaw Opening:1 1/2 in [Max], Jaw Length:1 1/8 in, Jaw Shape:Straight, Jaw Type:Serrated, No. of Adj.:5, Wt.:12.33 oz AKOverall Length:9 1/2 in, Jaw Opening:1 1/2 in [Max], Jaw Length:1 1/8 in, Jaw Shape:Straight, Jaw Type:Serrated, No. of Adj.:5, Wt.:12.33 oz ALOverall From the Manufacturer The Channellock #415, 10-Inch Smooth Jaw Tongue and Groove Plier, has a smooth jaw for use on plated fixtures. Right angle teeth grip in all directions for maximum bite and minimum wear. Patented undercut tongue and groove design assures no slip jaw action. Patented reinforcing edge minimizes stress breakage. Patented PermaLock fastener eliminates nut and bolt failures. It has distinctive CHANNELLOCK BLUE comfort grips.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Smooth jaw for use on plated fixtures and surfaces (Chrome, Nickel)
- Right angle, laser heat-treated teeth grip better and last longer
- Undercut tongue & groove design won’t slip
- Patented reinforcing edge minimizes stress breakage
-#13,642 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement) #9 in Tongue-and-Groove Pliers
-1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
-Item can be shipped within U.S.
-This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- The Channellock 415 tool that I received had very sharp (some razor sharp) edges along the entirely of every 90° edge. You could easily slice open your finger on most any edge if not careful. I spent about 20 minutes filing all the edges with a fine metal file to remove the sharpness in order to make the tool acceptable. I just hope I didn’t harm some kind of coating on the tool by filing it. I suspect the tool that I received somehow missed a “finishing” stage of the manufacturing process. This is likely a rare occurrence but it doesn’t say much for the quality control used during manufacturing. The tool itself is okay hence it got 3 stars. Would have been 4 stars if I didn’t have to do that filing.
- Smooth jaw pliers are made for plumbing. So why is it when they get wet and then I wipe them off they still rust?Also they definitely left a mark on my chrome fittings.The handles are too thin which makes it harder to get a good purchase on whatever your are tightening.I bought them for the name and the company’s long history of making wonderful tools in the USA. However I was either under childhood delusions or the tool quality has been changed to keep up with the cheaper chinese tool market.
- At a friend’s suggestion I was looking for a large set of channel locks to help assemble an AR. Instead of using a hammer and drift punch to drive small roll pins, they suggested using a pair of channel locks with duct tape over the jaws to press the pins home like you’d do with a hydraulic press. While browsing Amazon, I found smooth jawed channel locks, bought same and they work like a charm. Plus, you don’t have to worry about sharp teeth marring the finish of your rifle.
- I build industrial machinery at work, these pliers reduce damage to electrical and plumbing fittings being installed. Like others have stated the tongue and grooves don’t line up as well as their standard toothed pliers. Not a deal breaker but hope somebody in QC would check out.
- As others have stated, the jaws on this ‘smooth’ jaw wrench are very poorly finished. I had burrs on mine almost 1/8″ tall! Even when you file it down and round over the edges there are choppy facets left on the surface. This may be the last Channellock wrench I ever buy and it’s not because I won’t need more!
- Channellock makes really good tools. Excellent quality and it’s made in the USA. This tool will last a lifetime. I use it hard and it has not failed me. Excellent addition to my toolbox.
- Channellock pliers are some of the best tool deals around. Most of their tools are still made in USA. They are durable, reliable, and affordable. This model is no exception. These tongue and groove pliers aren’t the most used in my box but are great for any time you don’t want to mar or damage the surface you’re working on.
- A brand that every pro carries. I bought this smooth jaw for once in a blue moon use but a must when needed. I thought the jaw edges were little sharp so filed them down.