With the OEMTOOLS Brake Fluid Tester, you can easily, quickly and precisely check the water content of all 8 types of polyglycol-based brake fluids DOT 3, DOT 4, DOT 5. 1, ACDelco DOT 3, Pennzoil, Prestone, Motorcraft and Toyota DOT 3.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Handy Brake Fluid Tester with Pocket Retaining Clip
- Simple Push Button to Change Fluid Types
- Quick, Precise Test Results Can Be Shown to Customer
- Built-In Self Test
-#116,327 in Automotive (See Top 100 in Automotive) #17 in Ignition Testers #206 in Brake Tools
-2.72 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- I have no way of independently determining whether this tool is accurate, but I think it might be pretty good. I tested it on two separate cars. Car1 had just recently had a thorough brake bleeding and fluid refill. Car2 had a brake bleeding and fluid refill about 11 months ago. Car1 showed 0% water content and Car 2 showed between 0 and 1%. The fluid I use is Valvoline DOT 3/4. Based on this amateur test, I would endorse this tool.
- The brake fluid tester works very well and easily picked up on moisture in the brake fluid I tested it on. The only reason I gave it 3 stars is that the cap used to protect the probes while it’s not in use began to crack in multiple places after just one day. I used a solder gun to melt the area around the cracks to stop them from spreading.
- The day it arrived, i thought this product looked good and was going to work well. unfortunately, the first day, the first use of the brake fluid tested, the cap broke. I, took the cap off, used the brake tester , which did function properly, wiped the tip of the tester down with a shop rag as the instruction said to, re-installed the cap and when I went to check another vehicle the following day, the cap was broken. Most likely due to inferior plastic being used. I was highly disappointing, due to the price point of this product compared to other ones that were much cheaper.
- Works as advertised, use in my shop daily.
- Confusing to use. Not sure if it’s working or got a dead battery? No instructions came with the unit.
- Used this to read moisture in dot 4 brake fluid. Worked great
- Didn’t work form day one.
- Overall, easy to use, accurate and durable!