This Capri tools universal caliper wind back kit is a complete kit for a wide range of vehicle applications, most domestic and import 2WD or 4WD vehicles. Set includes adapters for both right and left-handed applications. Precisely made tool will prevent damaging brake piston and boot while operating. Set comes with one blow molded case for easy storage and transport.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- For use on most domestic and import 2WD or 4WD vehicles
- Prevents damage to brake piston and boot
- Compatible with main brakes and parking brake systems
- Includes tools and adapters for both right and left-handed applications
-#485,097 in Automotive (See Top 100 in Automotive) #112 in Brake Repair Brake Adjusting Tools
-6.57 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- This kit has everything you need to do just a about any vehicles brakes you might have, and makes the job a breeze and fast to complete. This kit come with a couple more pieces then some of the other Wind Back kits out there, what makes it even better is it has a latching buckle case unlike the other cases that the plastic snap brakes off of the case after several uses, so this kit will hold up after time and you won’t have to worry about a case that won’t latch and you won’t start loosing bits from your kit because of a broken latch. I prefer the Wind Backs over the hand squeeze type clamps as it is less stress on my hands and this Wind Back kit is quick and even when compressing. Love this kit well worth a couple more bucks for sure!
- The type of caliper this set is used for seems to have regained popularity again in recent years due to design/cost/weight/space benefits. It is designed for brake calipers that essentially have the parking brake mechanism built into the caliper. I am employed at a Lexus dealership but still use it frequently. Other guys in the shop borrow it from me time to time and love it. Great value and build quality!
- All the parts you would ever need are there, and they seem well made. Case seems rugged and well organized. My only gripe is there were absolutely ZERO instructions or documentation. There are two mandrel screws included marked left and right. After some fooling around I eventually realized this referred to them being left/right hand threaded, but that was not apparently obvious. Once I figured out what I was doing everything went smoothly.
- This is a professional kit that was bought and will be used by a professional mechanic.I will update with any pros/cons.Update 9/2017: All pros no cons simply a great kit for daily use on any rear screw pistons!!
- This set is FANTASTIC!!Pros: Economically priced for even the DIYer who has a relatively small tools budget. Simple to use, even for guys who don’t have much technical experience and are learning how to do a brake job by watching videos on YouTube. Works exactly as it should, winding back the piston into the caliber with ease in a matter of seconds! Compared to using a C-clamp like I always have, this tool saves so much time and frustration!Cons: Rusts fairly easy, be sure to apply some oil if you’re going to store this in an unconditioned space.
- Purchased this tool over a year ago & have used it 12 times or so without any issues. Decant quality & price, plenty of attachments to cover most calipers.
- For the price, warranty, Capri’s level of customer service and amount of times i’ll use this tool its a great purchase. Complete, organized and easy to store away for my once or twice a year use. Overall satisfied tho!
- I decided to buy my own set for convenience instead of paying a sixty dollar deposit each time I do my brakes. It’s a good set. I have a 2011 Taurus and Ford Flex and it works great. Both cars have the threaded pistions in the rear and sliding pistons in the front. Much better than using C-clamps. For the experienced DIYer, you should be very happy. Granted there are no instructions, but anyone familiar with disc brakes should have no problem using the set properly.